The public server economy system and buying/claiming land.

Hmm…that’s a good idea SnIpEr. Material things can only be obtained normally, or via trade with other players. Intangible things, such as property rights and upkeep, will work on the economy system.

I’ve added a trading system similar to Runescape; Right click a player and if they accept the trade offer a screen appears with places to put items to trade. When the trade is ready to be done you click the green wool, which accepts the trade, once both have done that the trade goes through. It’s really cool, if you ask me. I could see people in spawn town saying “trading x for y.”

I had some sort of idea related to Runescape as well. Something like the Grand Exchange. I haven’t played in a long time, but from what I remember you put something up for sale and people can just go in and say what they want to buy and if anyone is selling it, they’ll get it and you’ll get the money. That way it’s much easier to sell stuff and also you can buy stuff without searching everywhere.

I thought and found a plugin that would do that, but I don’t know if we want that. Reki and SnIpEr are against it, I’m not sure if I like the idea. I more like the idea of having a spot in spawn town where people can just trade others for items, and post on the forums for big requests.

Maybe, like in RS, we could have a general store that sells basic items, this would be at spawn.

Also, /home yes or no? I’m against it, but I don’t really know. If we do it, and could make it cost money then that would be awesome.

I think there should be /home but only the ability to set one home, not multiple homes.

I vote yes for parameter-less /home with 10 sec waiting time and fee

Fee to go home? What the hell are you going to do if you run out of money at spawn?

Noob
You either get more money or start walking

Or just use a bed and kill yourself.

What’s so bad with just having vanilla MC?

It gets kinda boring pretty fast…or at least, I’d say a significant portion of the crowd here will think so as well.
Keep in mind we at aloha call ourselves player killers for a reason. Setting up a town system points the game towards PvP much more so than the sandboxy vanilla.

Which raises a few questions I’ve been pondering; Do we want like a ranking system besides towns? Like a global kills counter with a top rank and if possible a rank for how much money one has. Something like that might be interesting?

You could PvP a dupe account, you know ???

Ostensibly we can counter that quite easily.
I’m thinking that people who have a higher K/D ratio rewards more, and if your K/D is below a certain point you stop awarding points altogether.
Or, have a cooldown timer before you can kill the same person twice (if we’re setting up arenas/whatever we can have this rule disabled there).

Gen.Awesome, give us your idea of an ideal hardcore PvP server that allows for ownership of towns/land. Like, what would the economy look like? What specific things can a town-owner do? What can a land owner do? Should fire be disabled on owned land? What should prices be for specific things? Should there be extra things like a random combat system? Should people get $$ for killing others? Should people lose money for dying? Ect.

Froelich I have some ideas for some of your questions:
I think that for fire to be disabled on owned land, it has to be bought for a price, so that people can’t just burn other people’s wooden buildings down with ease, that would cause too much griefing, fire, and lag.

And when one person kills another person, they should get a small percentage of their money, like getting robbed, and the other person loses the same amount the killer got. And people should be able to get into negative amount, thus decreasing the options they can use compared to a regular citizen.

Those are some of my opinions, and thank you for taking your time in reading this. :slight_smile:

Edit: I also have admin on one server, and host a server with my friend.

Yeah, taking a small percentage of their $$ would be a cool idea. People can make a whole empire based off of hunting others. Like if you get killed then the killer takes like 5% of your total wealth. So then a person can create a bounty system, where they hunt the rich-folk of the server for their $$.

In the spawn town there should be sections of the city set a aside for things like agriculture and wood working…

then towards the center have a free for all trading area where every couple hours players can find and set up their shop for trading…

also an assassin creed clan… given special abilities to kill not available to those not in the clan… and the “team” changes when they join the clan (1.5)

Has anyone started a custom texture pack…

many voxel plugins should be used like the one that automatically changes texture packs when joining a nation (only given to civilizations at a certain size) also billboards and other voxel mods

Custom texturepacks, what’s wrong with the vanilla one? I think we’ll leave that up to the player to decide if they want to use a texturepack or not, like AoS.

I like billboards and trading areas.
all the other ideas suck, no offence

^
|
|
me gusta

please, keep town systems simple, pay once for protected land and then taxes, no secondary payment to get more protecting or stuff like that.
Protected land should be protected from everything IMO, even fire created by the owners.

PS: sorry if I hurted your feeling, anyone’s
PPS: top of the page, we meet again D:

my feeling will never be able to recover from the trashing they have experienced here… LOL