Should Torch be unbanned?

Wanting him to be innocent doesn’t make him innocent either genius.

Arcinius, it would be highly appreciated for you to back off from this situation for now, I’ve already said it once and I’ll say it again

I already said I don’t care. I’m not invested in Aloha and you’d be proving my point. The people I like from AoS are already in my life in other ways so meh.

I don’t want him to be innocent I don’t care if he is or isn’t I don’t even know who he is. I want to know that if I happen to kill an admin in a way that seems like I could be hacking I won’t instantly be banned for a month. And that threat is what turns a lot of people away from the game. Is that not fair to say?

If you don’t care, then why are you posting all this?
You know the conclusion of the “admins providing logs” already.

no it’s dying because it hasn’t been updated in 5 years

Stop making drama out of everything and wait one month.

I still blame Jagex.

almost everyone who still remains in the AoS community blames jagex…
your not alone(i blame them too)

Honestly, I’d blame Ben if there was someone to blame. Jagex was known to mess things up, and it was Ben’s boneheaded decision to sell it to Jagex.

Can you really blame a man for making money? Jagex is the one that decided to ignore the community and kill off the game. Now their company is slowly going under because of poor management.

“i blame ben for wanting to make money”
pls stop thanks

hopefully the AoS copyright will be released when they go bankrupt

Ah yes. Imagine aos classic being revived and updated. It would be a bright future indeed.

That would be amazing, but the source code is ded and Ben is missing.

Still, it would encourage further development of 10se1ucgo’s 1.0 Alpha Pyspades project, and mat^2 would probably love to donate some of his time to us. He’s actually a really awesome guy, and he isn’t afraid to talk about the games development (as long as he doesn’t break his NDA).

If the game were to be updated, it probably wouldn’t help the community much. It’s sad, but it’s most likely what would happen. Of course, the awesome people at aloha.pk would probably stay and it would live on.

But this brings me to a question: What if Ace of Spades completely dies? What will happen to aloha.pk? Will we all migrate to a different game?

Aloha.pk will switch to a different game. There are TONS of possibilities. Like Unturned, numerous Source games, Project Reality, Battlefield series…

How about we become a commu

Becoming a “commu” is a good choice.

Here is the thing, we have a LOT of talented scripters, coders, artists in the community. We don’t have to nessesarly start from the ground up, or wait for aos’s source to be released. We could use a base like unity and everyone can pitch in. The best part is that we would not be devs up on a tower and most of it would be getting constant play from ourselves and the community which means constant feedback allowing the game to be steered in a direction the commmunity wants.

Mmm… I can see it already… Ace of Aloha - Hawaiian Warfare.

You do have a point though, but the thing is that nobody has taken initiative. There have been tons of attempts on the BnS forums to try to create a successor, but they all seem to just be incomplete, still ideas, or just crappy.

Hopefully something happens soon. If aceofspades.com goes up for sale and the Jagex forums get shut down (screw the archives of those forums, they don’t deserve any) then maybe there could be some spark and inspiration. (but a similar situation happened with ace-spades.com and nothing happened, but there’s still always hope1)

1 ‘Hope’ is slang for ‘wanting to actually do something to revive the game even though we’re all too lazy’.