Server Status: Quick check up

That’s what I was telling izzy, Booyo. Probably someone that got banned and wanted revenge.

It’s likely someone who knows a bit of knowledge on web mechanics.

DDoS’ing isn’t hard. I remember doing it back BEFORE programs were in place to do it for you. Yeah, there are programs that do it for you, so it just takes a quick google search to be able to do it.

(I would DDoS my school network in like 7th grade, because we had no tech guys who could fix it. Basically every time I did it, class would shut-down for the day ;p)

Though chances this isn’t a voluntary DDoSing (LOIC spam)…so I doubt that there’d be a straightforward solution.

EDIT: 100th post…I’m posting too much.

So, randomly, hallway is back on…
What.

I also find servers going up for brief moments.

GoonHaven fellows did what? they hacked in 0_.

For all we know, the attack could have been by someone across the globe who doesn’t even know what aos or aloha is. The computer that could have supplied the attack could have been innocent and just got the virus from elsewhere. So I believe the attack was not necessarily from a banned person.

Ddos on a school network is a totally different level that ddos a server. Unlike a school network which has no techs, most server companies have ddos programs that block such attacks. If the server had one, then the attack probably used a sophisticated method to find a vulnerability in the program to hack the server (trust me, even google and apple has vulnerabilities that hackers sell for a six digit price). So the person who constructed the ddos attack was probably a professional. But as I explained above, the attack was probably sent to a computer (zombie computer) at random and it attacked the aloha servers.

I’m noticing that the servers are up but they aren’t showing up on the AOS site itself. Is that a side effect of these DDoS attacks?

I do believe so.

I noticed about 1/3 to 1/2 of our servers are up…
Izzy, do we have around 2-3 physical “servers”, while most of them are hosted on different nodes in said servers?
If so, then the fact that ALL of our servers got DDoS’d implies that we were specifically targeted, and not, as some have proposed, a random attack.

So what happened to the servers, they got hacked? or what?

i will investigate

keep an eye on the korean servers

thats funny you said that dark, I was seriously thinking the same thing… almost same maps as aloha and we didnt have issues till they came on line. coincidence??? kinda makes wanna go HUMMMMMMMMMM.

oh and yes A Virus a DDos attact

Actually Reki, these 4 server have been coming and going. According to izzy he is still working on it and it still could be a random ddos because when the attack occurred, ALL servers went down.

Also, did anyone notice how kindredgp servers came back (pinpoint…) after not having appeared in forever?

THIS IS TAKING FOREVER!!

OKAY THIS IS IT,I COMPILED ALL THE PIECES OF THIS PUZZLE(WELL I GUESS):

1.SATOU HARRASSED ANUS TOO MUCH
2.YOKAI25 TEACHED ANUS A LESSON THEN HE CHANGED(BUT NOT FOR LONG)
3.ANUS IS HARRASSING TOO MUCH PLAYERS,THAT IS WHEN I TURNED MY ATTENTION TO HIM
4.ANUS HAS BEEN IN SOMEHOW CASES OF HACKING WHICH PROVES HE IS GUILTY DOING THIS CRAPPY DDOS
5.ANUS IS BANNED WHICH HE WILL TOTALLY GET REVENGE(DOING NERD WEDGIES,JUST KIDDING)

ANSWER:ANUS HAS BEEN SOMEHOW DOING THIS CRAPPY DDOS,AFTER ALL I FOUND HE IS A PROGRAMMER(HE TOLD ME THAT,I DONT KNOW IF HE IS TROLLING ME)…

WELL I AM CONFUSED,BECAUSE THERE ARE INCREASE OF KOREAN AND JAPANESE SERVER(MEN,THIS 2 COUNTRIES ARE GOOD AT PROGRAMMING AND HACKING,ESPECIALLY KOREA!!)
WHICH WE DONT KNOW THE REAL ANSWER YET,WE HAVE TO LEAVE THIS CASE OPEN UNTIL I SOLVED IT OR IZZY WILL SOLVED IT.

BY THE WAY,I WILL BE ON VACATION TOMORROW,I WON’T BE ONLINE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK!RELAXATION HERE I COME!!

Dark you have a serious caps lock issue. Is the key jammed or something? Because I think you should take this to a boxing ring, gentleman.

one physical server, it’s a dual quad core Xeon 2.5GHz with 8GB ram

ugh, this just got more and more complicated…how does it explain why we have some but not all servers up?
I probably don’t know my computers/networking well enough…heh.

Well, sitting and praying is all we can do at this point.
What does our serverhost say? If anything can be done, it’s them.