Question

Why the trusted players cannot remove blocks without being killed in pinpoint?

I’m pretty sure its the same for all players.

Sorry I write it wrong, Im talking about the teamkilling.

teamkilling when you remove a block? I am pretty sure it is the same for all players. If I removed a block I am sure i could still be killed.

I think he is saying that trusted players should not be able to be teamkilled when they remove a block.

yes.

sucking in through teeth It could be abused. I think thats why they’re worried.

I believe it’s just the way the game works.
The game is coded so that any player (possibly with the exception of an actual admin) can be team-killed.
It’s just in the coding, the program is not advance enough to take in account for miscellaneous events such as trusted members.

In a puppet show kind of way this is how it is,
AoS: Oh no! That player (Trusted Member) is breaking blocks, I’ll turn on the team-killing so someone can fix the problem.
Trusted Member: Wait AoS, I’m a trusted member don’t turn on the team-kill, I’m a good guy.
AoS: Trusted Member? What’s that? I’m going to turn on the team-killing now. Bye bye!
Trusted Member: NO! NO! AoS, I’m helping!!!
BAM
Kill feed: Teammate shot Trusted Member

(I’m sure some script editing would fix the issue (if it’s even an issue).

If it can be abused, admins wouldn’t make them trusted in the first place.

All that stuff is serverside, and totally scriptable. The game client has no distinction between trusted or any other usergroup. Shooting a teammate just tells the server “PlayerA shot playerB” and the server decides what to do with that.

That’s a little too much power for trusted, even staff isn’t protected from that. Ignoring ‘traditional’ abuse, I can only imagine the drama it would stir up when a trusted player griefs something that they think is ‘unnecessary.’ I don’t think it’s necessary, if someone is TKing you and you are not griefing, votekick them, report them, tell us about it.

We make mistakes, people make mistakes. Providing less opportunities for abuse helps everyone.

Thanks for answer Danke.

[quote author=Danke link=topic=5245.msg49327#msg49327 date=1400119222]
All that stuff is serverside, and totally scriptable. The game client has no distinction between trusted or any other usergroup. Shooting a teammate just tells the server “PlayerA shot playerB” and the server decides what to do with that.

That’s a little too much power for trusted, even staff isn’t protected from that. Ignoring ‘traditional’ abuse, I can only imagine the drama it would stir up when a trusted player griefs something that they think is ‘unnecessary.’ I don’t think it’s necessary, if someone is TKing you and you are not griefing, votekick them, report them, tell us about it.