Poll usefullness

meh /votemapskip sounds much more feasible imo

If you have minecraft just check out us.oc.tc they use a similar rating system to what I’m proposing. It works great.

You can even see the ratings for maps. https://oc.tc/maps

That’s not what the word ‘literally’ means.

OH sorry word Nazi for not being a fucking native english speaker, I do with what I learned and if you are here only to criticize my english I suggest you to not post at all.

It has nothing to do with being a native English speaker. You’re saying that I said something that I did not say.

something you did not say hu? sorry but when the community hates something and you’re just like : no it’s not going down.
THAT MEANS YOU DON’T GIVE A SINGLE FUCK
You might have not said that but that’s the feeling you give to us.
You could have tried to find compromise to keep the map in like ppl did in this thread. what did you do? NOTHING! you only have one person to blame for this and it’s you. I hope you realize what you’ve left behind thinking nobody would freaking notice. I agree with israel

You SHOWED in that refreshing cs_maps thread that you didn’t even fucking cared about our opinion. I proposed you things to change the server and hopefully make it better i got no answer whatsoever. NOW i want to see if you’re the only admin thinking this way, if our community is fucked or If there is still a little bit of hope in the shitstain that is internet.

I already said why I think that poll does not represent aloha and my issue with acting upon it.
If you want me to pat you on the back and give you a thumbs up for starting a thread about another thread where you can happily omit anything you don’t like, you’re mistaken.

Here’s some basic points about why I didn’t do anything about the poll:

1. The poll question is “Which map(s) should be removed from Aloha.pk Counter Strike Maps”
    This poll represents:
    English speaking aloha forum-goers who want a map removed
    It doesn’t represent:
    any other players, or anyone who likes any of the maps
    bonus: how about a poll for “what players whose name starts with T should we ban?”, nevermind if we should even ban anyone based on their names, the results will be undeniable!

2. The CS server is the second most popular server we have. Our general policy with servers is “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it”

3. the #1 voted map on that list is cs_l33t_assault, and it was removed.

But what do I know, I apparently do not give a single fuck

I’m going to start by saying that I have no opinion whatsoever which maps are good and which maps are bad on csarena. I simply enjoy playing no matter what the map is.

Next, I’m going to use a completely different instance to relate to the arena server in the hopes that it will perfectly pertain to the situation.

On the babel server, it’s common knowledge that there will be a large number of players who will complain when a map lasts longer than… more than half an hour? The complaining players will often scream for a map advance in chat or spam the /admin command with similar pleas for a map change.

The one thing that the aloha staff usually does is NOT advance the map. Even though there may be a large number of players pushing for a map advance, we want to think of everybody. There can easily be players who choose not to voice their opinion in chat OR simply cannot voice their opinion in chat (language barriers). These players could be having the time of their lives sniping from their secret mountainside hideout, which probably took 20 minutes to build. It would be completely unfair for the map to change and for them to lose all their work and fun.

Now how do we not know that there are players that really really enjoy playing on csassault? Is it automatically assumed that everyone who plays on csarena hates assault because 20 people voted against it on the forum? To me that would be a silly assumption, and would be completely unfair to them if we took away their fun.

I really hope that you guys see my point and begin to start thinking of everyone who plays on the arena server.

Thanks

It’s the 2nd most hate map, Israel asked for it to be removed and even some ppl supported him, you didn’t even do anything or suggest any ways a improving/fixing the situation. Are you an admin or a god damn poser? If you don’t do anything there is obviously something wrong. Something needs to be done and APPEARENTLY you’re gonna do jack shit.

I’m not easy to shut. If you want to argue forever, you found the right guy.

That’s what torch, israel and some other ppl are trying to do in the post.

If your idea of arguing is to ignore everything I posted and call me a “god damn poser” then I don’t have anything more to say to you.

Sorry but you obviously don’T want to do anything about the situation

Im not trying to diminish what you’ve done for the community danke. The truth is you’ve made a massive footprint here that most of us don’t fully understand or know about. Im an abrasive personality. I don’t want you to think I don’t appreciate what you’ve done for us. The simple problem is that we don’t feel like you showed you took in to consideration those who took the time to post their opinions and vote on this issue. You may have but you didn’t show it in what you were saying. We’ve offered solutions and middle ground like changing the amounts of rounds played and ranking maps. We’d like to hear what you think about our ideas, not just have them shot down. 20 players may not be the majority but it’s enough to maybe think about finding some middle ground.

Hi,

I’m one of those minority that doesn’t mind the ‘crappy’ maps. Yes, it’s not just FF. The votes on the poll aren’t even close to the majority of the people who play the cs maps. In fact, a lot of people that play the server don’t even know of this topic or even this forum. Don’t believe me? Go on the cs maps yourself and ask people if they’re part of the community. Lot of them aren’t. What’s the point of this fact? Don’t speak for ‘the whole community’ even though you haven’t even asked every person of their opinion. As one that doesn’t mind the map, I’d personally hate to see the map go. (your ‘majority’ isn’t even considering all of the players. It’s like trying to make a treaty with native peoples without asking for their input)

Changing the map from 10 points required to 5 or even something like 7 or 8 will please everyone. 5 max points is still plenty of rounds (keep in mind there could still be a total of 9 matches played on the map!) for people that love the map and short enough for people that hate it.

There could be a similar command to the /votekick which would start the voting for new map in-game so everyone could vote whether they want to advance to the new map or not.

It could be something similar like /votemap command, which isnt used that much on servers and I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t be.

Also, oddly enough, there’s sometimes higher number of points to win in some maps, but it usually isn’t in small maps (so the rounds could be longer), it’s also in maps which take same time to finish like the other ones (this can be seen more likely in arena top 10 maps, where indiaarena has 15 wins to advance).

Can I have an opinion on my idea which was posted in page 3? I just said it randomly and I don’t feel like creating a new topic for that

http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=8132.0

cs_assault is cool!

so the poll represent or not all community?

There are many players [like how I used to be] who play on aloha.pk servers but are not signed up on the forums and involved, so they don’t really know if a poll is happening. They might either favor or go against what most of the community on the forums want, but they have no way of having their input since they don’t know about it in the first place. Therefore, Stradivarius, the poll does not represent all of the community [referring to players on servers who haven’t signed up as part of the community].