Pig proofing the Nether hub

We all know that AZPM are a issue on the server. Most of the time nether travel is not safe because for whatever reason swarms of inconvenience try to kill us for no reason other than bad programming. So I would like to make the nether hub spawn proof. I wouldn’t be changing any of the current builds but I would be adding a lot of half slabs and glass roofing. Essentially a majority of the nether hub would become a giant panic room to escape and travel without worry of death.
I would encourage you to pigproof your path and connect it to the hub. For example Two and I have pigproofed our railway and bus stop to prevent the pink menace. If anybody other than me wants this to happen then I will happily do this project at my own expense. If anybody is apposed to this idea then speak your concerns. Either way give your opinion on the subject so I can get an idea if this is a go or no go.

I like the idea [details=Click for details]i brought it up in game where’s my credit xD[/details]

I’ll be happy to provide half-slabs (stone,cobble) if you don’t need nether brick

I think we should half-slab all pigmen spawn area surrounding the nether hub and any tunnel openings. Also tunnel floors should be half-slabs as well.

Want to apologize for AZPM, as far as I can tell there is nothing I can do to fix it and it is a mojang bug. I have seen it on the bug reports for mojang. I have tried multiple ways to fixing it and they continue to be angry.

I think I should be the one apologizing for aggro-ing all the pigmen in the Nether. But this is all I have to say: my finger slipped and hit a pigman.

months ago i already slabbed the area in and around the skull, but only a little of some of the paths leading up to it. more recently i slabbed shell’s Pink Pavilion to the side of the skull. if you want to continue the work, i say go for it, but i would ask you to try to be consistent with some of the design aesthetics where they exist.

Placing the half slabs is the easy part. My main concern is that they flood out of every corner and over every wall. A pack of 20 will be on you in seconds if you’re unfortunate.

All of my nether tracks and side paths (at the old hub) are already pigman-proof, and that’s how I’d intend to build any future tracks at the new hub. I like this idea!

It took me a few hours and I died 3 times but its done. Damn pigmen got in front of my pick and got himself hurt from the start so they tried to kill me the entire time. But GG its pretty much spawn proof with the exception of the skulls face.

Don’t know how realistic this is but someone on Reddit suggests shoving some iron golems through the portal as security guards.

Can’t we just build them in the Nether or do are they not spawnable in the Nether?

we can spawn them in the nether. Lord knows we have enough iron

That is a fight I would love to see!

Iron Golem:
100 HP (50 hearts)
Attack: 7 to 21 points (3.5 hearts to 10.5 hearts)

Zombie Pigmen:
20 HP (10 hearts) + 2 Armor
Attack: 13 points in hard difficulty (6.5 hearts)

Courtesy of Minecraft Wiki

Seems like a fair fight.

Hopefully we don’t have to worry about this bug too: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-79153

That actually sounds like a fun idea to make Nether into a place where no one can travel through.