Old Prank Thread

Yes, pranking is allowed (for now, if people abuse it then it will be made illegal)

Pranking does not mean griefing. Griefing is stealing, breaking their base, destroying their stuff, flooding it, killing them (unnecessarily/when they say not to), any of that sort.

Pranking is light-hearted, friendly, type messing around. The general rule is ensure that the person is alright with pranking before doing it - either by asking or some other means. Usually it’s best to prank friends, only, not strangers. The premise is that you prank someone, say like, block out all the light in their base with dirt, and then leave a sign saying it was you. This then gives them the right to prank you back.

Ex of pranks: blocking out the lights of a base, spam signs, etc.

*If you are ever unsure about if it is okay to prank a certain someone then do not do it. Also ask me or another admin if you are not sure on a prank idea you have

Examples of what not to do in a prank: Place lava/tnt/blocks that can grief/kill the player without them getting their stuff back. Destroy any redstone. Rob/steal from them. Destroy any of the blocks in their base, kill any animals, mobs, burn any blocks, etc.

Again, if you are unsure about any of them please ask an admin or myself.

Another point to make is you should not gang up on people. If someone had been pranked recently (within the month) then do not prank them on top of the other prank. Also do not prank someone twice in a row unless they retaliate. It is about being considerate of their game play.

Another mentions is PUBLIC/COMMUNITY areas are off-limits to pranking.

List of people on DO-NOT prank list:
*if you are on this list you cannot prank others.

Froelich131
Anonymous/Lone Wolf
Monstarules
twodayudie
haux
AG

Fro Sticky this plz

Wait what, I pranked this guy named Froelich131 awhile ago…

Add me to the list. The prank is going to go overboard one day and get someone banned.

The Colosseum and Ferrari’s Fort is off limit to pranking please.

Lol. Plz do prank me if you see me :wink: I love getting pranked :wink:

I have a lot of redstone things in my house. Don’t prank me please.

My base is in giant construction and there can be redstone bits and pieces a bit everywhere so might put on the do not prank list for some time so i can get my redstone stuff covered

i just got pranked by anom, why you do dis? froe plz add no prank when you on no prank list plz. thx

lmao not even a prank. That was literally rewriting on signs that were already on the floor from the previous prank by techno. Quit being a little baby.

well, i always noticed it, duh, you just destroyed them and wrote some stuff on it. shouldnt be able to do that. (grief)

Answer these questions:

1. Did it actually cause you grief? I mean grief as in getting your entire house destroyed, almost causing you to quit playing on that server.
  2. How long did it take you to fix 9 signs that were on the floor that was moved literally 1~3 blocks over on the floor?
  3. Since when did you care about Techno’s post-grief signs so much? Didn’t you hate Techno’s messages?
  4. How serious were the messages that I wrote on the signs? Are you so dense that you can’t even take a joke that isn’t even about you?

Honestly, it just feels like you are being a little bitch about a small tiny joke. To put it more politely, you are making a big deal out of nothing.

No breaking beds so I end up in Bumf**k Egypt and lose my stuff on the 2 day journey home. Thanks Asian.

Oh, and Asian is on the no prank list? Why is he pranking at all, let alone 2 or 3 times over?

Please tell him to stop or I will blow his ass up.

-Joel

Yeah, AsianGuy you cannot prank someone if you ask to be be pranked - that…just does not make any sense? What fun is it to be pranked if you cannot prank back.

froe, i didnt ask to be not pranked. i jsut said to add the rule to have people that is asked to not be pranked cant prank other people. I never asked to be on the list…

If you never asked and you got pranked when you were not on the list people pranking you is ok.
I honestly don’t consider greifing moving a couple of signs, but I think it is enforced that if you’re on the list you can’t prank or be pranked, it makes no sense. But Anon could have used some better wording towards his feelings of this. (Imo)

AsianGuy is not on the list?

Good, I got somethin’ for him! ;D

no pranking for me pls ty

Rewritting or destroying other’s Signs is NOT ok. (Unless their blank and serve no purpose or explicitly allowed) Also keep in mind the server is not a prank free for all. Just because a players name is not on here it means that you can prank them. These people listed here are on the EXPLICIT no prank list. Just because they are not on here it doesn’t mean you can prank them make sure they are ok first otherwise you are ruining their fun. (Like if it helps we can put up a prank allowed list in spawn).

Please do not try to find loopholes in the rules. Or you will find yourself having to deal with Fro and I
Like seriously 90% of the rules here are common sense
Also common sense if you prank your agreeing to allow yourself to pranking

Also if you think a prank went to far please bring it up asap to an admin.
Most active ones are
Pun
Ferrari

sysadmins are
Fro
Scipio

Also seriously? Re-read the Original post

Quote: Pranking is light-hearted, friendly, type messing around. The general rule is ensure that the person is alright with pranking before doing it - either by asking or some other means. Usually it’s best to prank friends, only, not strangers. The premise is that you prank someone, say like, block out all the light in their base with dirt, and then leave a sign saying it was you. This then gives them the right to prank you back.

Right there in black and white. Be afraid, AsianGuy, what I’ve done is just the tip of the iceberg.

Sleep tight my friend! ;D