New command /ignore

This is something that I have been wishing existed for a long time but my memory of it has not been reappeared until recently. I think a command that can block a player’s chat/PMs from appearing on your screen. Say, somebody is being annoying or talking shit to you, or spamming you with PMs (which as far as I know doesn’t have any sort of spam protection,) just type “/ignore player” and all is good.
Overall, I think this would just add to the enjoyability factor on aloha servers.

hello startingmsdos,
this is a great idea thanks you for sharing this, many players on the game for some reason swear a lot and are offensive and mean to other players, this idea maybe won’t stop those mean players but it is good for the other players when they can ignore others,
thanks for sharing

True, how would we do to make this idea heard? Really, who would not like to ignore a player who annoys a lot, if there must be a script designed for that, it is possible.

This is a great idea, except that in its implementation you would have to make sure it could not become aware of its implementation. I heard Microsoft was careless and woke theirs up when they were implementing their Artificial Implement and it turned into a Nazi-Loving monster so they had to shut it down and I don’t think you want to shut down this new implementation when you just turned the computer on and you only have a 5400 rpm spindle hard drive. I think the safest way to proceed without starting Civil War III: Revenge of the Fifth Command is to /ignore the implement as you implement /ignore. This should safely isolate it from your control so that you are not responsible.

Hello friend, I’m glad to see you again. I see you so often I think we can be even best friend.

It requires some footwork I know, but we could probably utilize a high-tech text-to-speech program and an audio transducer to vibrate one of those POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS tapes you see at crime scenes in the movies so that it will vibrate the air and make this idea heard. And I must disagree with you on the second part. It is either impossible for a script to be designed for that or for me to like ignoring a player who annoys an undefined amount that you just referred to as “a lot”. I will get back to you as soon as I figure out which one is the truth.

hello mr torch, this is true i have seen you many times i hope we can be best friend love you
thanks

Hello, Flat Earth Denier Friend,
Even though I really wanted to be your best friend at three past six in the morning eastern standard time I think that since we are reconsidering reconsidering our friendship that now is not a good time for any final decisions regarding our tentative “best” friend status since whether your apology will be accepted or not is still murky. Why would you want to become best friends with a giraffe that is stuck in quicksand? The shelf-life of that friendship depends on how much it sticks their neck out for you and as such in this situation I don’t want you to have a sore neck or be exposed to predators. No thanks, much obliged.

• Torcq

hello torch,
unfortunatly this deeply saddens me when i read your massage, i understand why you hesitating now, maybe i cant make any promises for the future but the truth is nobody can truly make promises about the future except maybe god and jesus but it is not know if they exist, some people believe this but i do not, no offense to religious, but only thing i can promise is i will try to make thing right by you, i was very happy about this thought about we being best friends, hopefully we can still make this happen because i think this would be a fun idea i heard you are very cool and handsome maybe if we are best friend we can meet one day, but if you decide you do not want be best friend this is ok as well, of course this will make me sad and maybe you as well but sometimes life is sad and we canot control this, i hope we can sort out this
thanks

Hello Orb Ex-BFF,
I simply cannot let you continue to stretch your neck out like this. I will push your head back away from the edge so that no lion can get a mangle. When you get a tough redneck then we can be friend I think.
No, really, no thanks. - TOrch

Yes, people shouldn’t fucking swear

hello flame on a stick (please tell me if i did this joke right, i am trying to do like you because this is what friends do)
this is an interesting metaphor that you are use were i am a giraffe in quicksand but i think i understand what you mean, it saddens me much that you say that we cannot be friends yet, but maybe we can keep in touch and i will tell you know when i get this tough redneck and then we will be friends like this was supposed to be, until then we can be close colleages or something like this,

thanks

hello thanks for your response starting msd os,
i do not now if you noticed but you have cursed in your response, this undermines the point that you have make in this same post, my brother is tell me this might be joke but i am not sure maybe it is but maybe not but if this is a joke it is not a very funny one,
sorry

Dear Racist Ball,
Yes you did the joke right as a friend do. And I accept your offer to be close colleges under the condition that you make diverse and stop racist. So please include :slight_smile: , those with no mouths ⚇ ⚉ , and the others :yin_yang:. Thanks

_ Torch