map maintenance

attention aloha police:

we need to do map maintenance, there are many problems that can easily be fixed
i will name a few as examples

:slight_smile: the flower map (pretty bad map anyway) needs a serious makeover; nearly all of the flowers float, there are way too many of them, players spawn on a floating flower… this map is very annoying and laggy from the absurd amount of floating flowers

:slight_smile: pincushion gets griefed literally every time it comes on… i dont know how the server is designed but if you can change the teamgrief boundaries for it that would be an extremely easy fix

:slight_smile: bridgeyard is an extremely controversial map when it comes to griefing… might be good idea to give the map a makeover (thicken bridges or something) or just remove it from rotation

:slight_smile: catseyebabel is just a horrible map, havent met a player that doesnt hate it lol

i know its much easier to whine about this than to actually do something, but some of these things could make admins’ lives much easier too (ex. pincushion)

never said shit about cunts eye

heres another one: there are 3 versions of swag in the rotation which means it appears 3x as often as any other map

from swag to edgy

come on guys lets at least get rid of the bad maps

yeah, every time i join this map the most central (and important) bridges on both teams sides are already gone, especially if there was no admin on taking care of griefers. even if there was one on, i do think dealing with griefers on this map is way more trouble than it’s worth, in case boundaries remain unchanged.

tunnel-top and babelpocalypse are basically the same map, with babelpocalypse being the makeover that has much shit added in so i guess it’s better one of the two

yarr is similar to crossfire3 that at least does usually finsih quickly (i think?) but i don’t think many people consider it a good map, from what i observed

flower not only tends to have bad spawns on top of the flowers, it only get worse when people grief them and u spawn on floating blocks, also this map can get very annoying because it encourages spanwcamping from behind (plus much shit to hide behind before players even bother to take it down)

3 swag maps is also kinda lame

also wtf happened with arica

Thanks for pointing that out, the flowers map has been one of my disliked maps because of the sheer amount of spawncamping opportunities and annoying spawnpoints, I only liked the frontlines of the map since it encourages more in cover than rushing in like a 12 year old playing CS:GO Competitive and goes B on an eco round.

attention aloha police:

we need to do map maintenance, there are many problems that can easily be fixed
i will name a few as examples

:slight_smile: the flower map (pretty bad map anyway) needs a serious makeover; nearly all of the flowers float, there are way too many of them, players spawn on a floating flower… this map is very annoying and laggy from the absurd amount of floating flowers

:slight_smile: pincushion gets griefed literally every time it comes on… i dont know how the server is designed but if you can change the teamgrief boundaries for it that would be an extremely easy fix

:slight_smile: bridgeyard is an extremely controversial map when it comes to griefing… might be good idea to give the map a makeover (thicken bridges or something) or just remove it from rotation

:slight_smile: catseyebabel is just a horrible map, havent met a player that doesnt hate it lol

i know its much easier to whine about this than to actually do something, but some of these things could make admins' lives much easier too (ex. pincushion)

Holis :slight_smile:/

:slight_smile:1​:slight_smile: I can't do much about the floating flowers, onigiri presumably added them in qubicle, which automatically deletes all blocks which are completely covered when the map is exported into the aos format. One would have to manually refill all the hollow spaces which isn't really an option. I've cleared the spawn from flowers, but removing them all would go against the very idea of the map in which case the map might as well be removed completely.

:slight_smile:2​:slight_smile: you can't easily change the anti grief zones afaik. Those zones are set in the babel script and you would have to add some additional scripting to the maps .txt file i guess. I have attached Influx's script that allows custom build zones to be added to a map but it never worked for me and I'm not sure if it would actually in the intended way on babel. So someone would have to take a look at it and fix it first…

:slight_smile:3​:slight_smile: I've attached 2 new versions for bridgeyard: one with completely solid bridges and another one that has 2 block thick supports on both sides of the bridge reaching into the water

:slight_smile: Easy fix to avoid certain maps being overplayed: A weighted map rotation could be created that includes popular maps like newfort and driftice more than once, while less popular maps or different variations of maps would only be added once.

bridgeyard2.vxl (2.21 MB)

bridgeyard3.vxl (2.19 MB)

flower.vxl (2.45 MB)

map_extensions+.py (10.2 KB)

just remove flowers literally no one will miss it