Let's Make Pinpoint Fun: R1CTF

Yes wins!

Bumping!

Hmmm… Maybe r1CTFb would do this justice.
Instead of just cap point switched, the tents would be switched, so people couldn’t just turtle up by themselves, they’d need to either charge the enemy base for supplies, or actually get help from their team to build the large structures pinpoint is (or at least was once) famous for. There may be some spawn camping problems with autonaders, but I think for once it’s a nice tradeoff.

hmm an interesting idea! :smiley:

and some people kick for hogging the intel too long… You should also make a TDM pinpoint? i dunno but definitely a yes for r1ctf :smiley:

Based on this poll with a sample size of 35 votes, over 80% are in favor of R1CTF over 1CTF.
I hereby petition to the other sysadmins that the gamemode of pinpoint be changed to R1CTF.

Extremely off topic: OMG I JUST NOTICED REKI IS FROM TAIWAN! YAY CHINESE PEOPLE! k bai
and back on topic: But other admins have to approve of this change too right?

I say Yes because the pinpoint now is just too easy to capture the intel. This will add more challenges as well as fun (in my perspective). You could try it for a week or so to see if the public likes it or not. Anyway, great idea Reki :slight_smile: always thinking outside the box.

In my opinion, if we do this then we should lower the cap limit.

from Taiwan
Chinese people

Son, you glad I’m not in a bad mood.

Anyways, I’ll look into it, though I personally don’t know how to change gamemodes and such.

Yeah yeah dis.

I spoke with izzy and we decided this was a poor idea.
However, I’ve come up with an alternate idea.

My ultimate goal is to increase the amount of players charging across the land, rather than just trenching behind walls.

I propose a dynamic 1CTF gamemode.
The intel starts off at the middle, just as the 1CTF that it is right now.
Whenever a team captures it, the intel respawns 10 blocks away from that team’s side.

For example, let’s say green team captures the first intel. The intel then respawns 10 blocks closer to the blue team.
If green is able to capture it again, it will move another 10 blocks closer to blue team, for a total of a 20 block advantage.
If blue captures it back, it will move 10 blocks closer to the green side, meaning it’s back at the middle.

This allows the losing team to gain a bit of an advantage every time the winning enemy team scores a point.
However, the advantage is lost once they start getting back on their feet.
Though I’m not a programmer, I’d have to say that this doesn’t seem too hard to do.
What do you guys think?

Aside: the poll was reset. Final was “Yes” with 34/41 votes = 89.2% approval.

I like the idea. Maybe 10 blocks is too much. It’d be a bit of a ping pong match, no?

yes, yes, yesssss i’m all for this dynamic spawning idea

In the end, though, I don’t think this will keep players from largely ignoring the intel.

I personally think that the intel should be completely removed from the game and made into a TDM/NoCTF.

I like the dynamic idea, but you only win when the intel reaches the enemy base. What I’m saying is you need to continuously cap it until it reaches the enemy spawn area, then you win.

Yeah dis.