godstairs2.0

I made a replacement for godstairs. Hopefully this version is better. It’s ready for testing.

Edit: After testing in game I changed the middle of the map. Links are updated.

zip.jpg

he protec
he attac
but most importantly
he make maps

I really liked it. The game went by fast but I feel that a balanced team of good players could make for some intense battle. I haven’t got to explore it all yet but what I observed today was really nice. Good on the eyes, plenty of space and good vantage points. Overall a very appealing map.

I personally could not disagree more with the map. I don’t think it’s inherently a bad map, just one that ABSOLUTELY doesn’t fit my style. There are too many ways and angles to be killed, and the better a player is at facing an enemy head-on, the more tilting it would get when he’s killed by someone who’d perched on a level lower than they are, or had tunneled behind them, or had super-flanked them. It’s impossible to hold a position, as the angles of approach to any point on the map are ridiculously high. CQB is the most prevalent type of engagement, and so the map is extremely biased towards SMG and shotgun. But whatever the weapon of choice, it doesn’t matter if you can’t see the enemy.

tl;dr The map has many lanes of approach and thus doesn’t reward skilled players as other maps do. It’s not that it’s a bad thing, only different. It also just infuriates me to no end.