FTD (From the Depths)

Hey, guys. You might recognize me from AoS. This is my first post on this forum, although I’ve been a member for a while now. I just never have much to say :P, until now…

From the Depths is an RTS, FPS, Voxel-builder very similar to games like Starmade or Robocraft. It differs mainly in that creations can be water-based (submarines!), aerial-based, or even space-based (I haven’t seen space battles yet, though, so I’m not sure how accurate this is). Ground-based vehicles are also said to be planned, but are still a ways off. It has a bit more depth to the customization options, and campaign and story missions unlike the previously mentioned games. You can use AI to create fleets of ships that follow you into various missions, build extraordinarily complex weapon systems, and design your own customizable engines among other things, the list goes on. It currently doesn’t have a stable multiplayer, but if you opt into the dev branch of the game, you can play around with the unstable version. Major multiplayer updates are expected to come soon! The devs, although few, seem to work closely with players and take all comments on their forum into consideration. The game is currently in Alpha stage, but it’s still pretty impressive already. A good deal of players have complained about the unintuitive controls, but if you stick with it, it’s really not difficult (if you really want, you can change the controls). Unfortunately, it’s not F2P, but even at $19.99 I think it’s worth it. Check out some tutorials or gameplay vids on Youtube, if you’re not sure you want it.

FTD on Steam

FTD forum

Click for details

Click for details

Click for details

hqdefault.jpg

Looks really fun.