enable building near enemy base in babel

self-explanatory title. it’s a dumb rule supposedly to disable griefing but that doesn’t make sense in the slighest. pls fix.

tbh I don’t know why building near enemy tower was not allowed (afaik it was always like that since babel was created). I don’t think it was added to “discourage” griefing as you can dig out the enemy tower (maybe building to help the enemy win or stop your team from destroying tower???)

iirc this was discussed a few years ago and someone mentioned removing this would make it easier to destroy towers which IMHO wouldn’t be fun (i like challenges)

if you remove it i am 100% going to lock myself in the enemy tower and dig it out. maybe even go high up and use it as a sniper tower.

I remember it was enabled a time a go but got disabled since players went to the enemy base, built a small fort and since you weren’t closer to the enemy base you wasn’t able to destroy their small fort, so those players were able to do stupidly big amounts of camping. I don’t think it will be enabled in a while.

it shouldn’t be hard to set a threshold near tent, like seriously. people dig holes in tent already so it doesn’t make sense at all

Considering you can’t destroy blocks of your own side when you’re not trusted, locking yourself inside the tower to break it would be stupidly easy. Right now, if you wanna break the tower, you gotta expect to be uncovered on the trail you leave behind.

That point would be moot if everyone could break blocks on their own side, but that would be a really bad idea, for obvious reasons.