Crashes [Resolved?]

I’m sure this has been posted to death already, but has there been any solution discovered to the game constantly crashing?

I don’t know the exact error message right now, as I have not saved any of them. But one before referred to a dll file that is associated with audio.

Earlier today, I was killed in a match, which caused the game to crash and rebooted my computer. That’s about the worst experience I’ve had with that, and is pretty extreme, if you ask me.

It is very rare for me to play an AOS match without the game crashing at least once.

I will save some of the error messages for more specific information next time.

Hmm. It’s never crashed on me. Do you play on Windows 7?

Try reinstalling the game.

Yes, Win7 64-bit.

I have “re-installed” the game before, but technically there’s not much to install. It’s not a complex application that copies system files to all corners of Windows. It extracts the same stuff into a single directory. No change, in any case.

Have you tried the 0.76 RC?

Where can I download that? Is it compatible with the current aloha servers?

It’s compatible only with the 0.76 test servers (I believe aloha has one).

it’s your audio drivers. try updating them or maybe rolling back to an earlier version.

does your audio card happen to be manufactured by ASUS? i have the same problem with my Asus Xonar D2/PM. the crashes started after i updated its drivers to the latest version. its older drivers don’t crash AoS.

[/quote]

If that’s not it, maybe you’ve installed some mods incorrectly

If that’s not it, maybe you’ve installed some mods incorrectly
[/quote]
Nope, that would make AoS crash at the start.

Xonar DG here. I’ll try to track down some older drivers then.

I don’t use mods.

Ok, someone suggested I try a specific third-party driver. UNi Xonar: UNi Xonar Drivers official page

The latest version of drivers ASUS has available is 7.12.8.1794. These third-party drivers are supposed to be based on the ASUS drivers, and updated to 8.0.8.1807.

After 30 or so minutes of playing, no crash. While that doesn’t mean it fixed the problem, I’m going to assume that it did until it crashes again. At which point I will post an update. If I don’t post anything else, then it was successful.

I played another full game without issue.

Then…

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: client.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f686604
Fault Module Name: HsSrv.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.12.106
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f064d85
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000010ba
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

HsSrv.dll is part of ASUS’s audio drivers.

This issue apparently dates back to older versions of the drivers as well: Asus Account

On one forum, someone recommends to disable ‘GX mode’ in ASUS’s Driver Control Panel.
I’m going to try that next.

Since I have disabled GX mode, AOS has not crashed on me.

As of right now, this has been a successful resolution.