♠ Beta 0.75 Update ♠

So, recently, on March 14th, 2012, the Ace of Spades Beta 0.75 update was released. I know this is kind of late, but I want to see your opinions on the update! What do you think could be added, removed, or changed? Is there anything that can be improved? What do you think should be considered for the next upcoming update?

Also, a friend of mine alerted me about someone talking about Ace of Spades costing money in the mere future. What do you think about this? If Ace of Spades did end up costing money, would you buy it? Or would you quit playing Ace of Spades, and just hang out with the community? I want to hear your opinions on all of these things!

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑Pros about the Beta 0.75 Update๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

• Damage Edited for SMG
  • Spectator Mode Added
  • Spectate-on-Death
  • Spade Damage Edited
  • Sprinting Implemented
  • Click-and-Drag

I like how the SMG is now not as overpowered as it was before. In the past, you could just “Spray-and-Pray”, meaning if you shot everywhere, you’d have somewhat of a chance of killing someone, considering the damage of the SMG was that high. Now that it was edited, it takes more hits with the SMG in order for one to die. The Spectator Mode was a nice feature, along with the Spectate-on-Death. Both can be used to make videos of special things going on on Ace of Spades. The fact that blocks are easier to destroy is also completely awesome, considering it makes it easier to tunnel. The Sprinting is also quite useful when it comes to gathering intel caps. Finally, the Click-and-Drag feature makes it a lot easier to build fortresses and walls for cover, which make it easier to evade the enemies’ bullets.

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑Cons about the Beta 0.75 Update๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

• Auto-Climb Disabled with Sprint
  • Griefing Made Easier
  • Slight Accuracy Decrease in Rifle

Apart from the three above objectives, there’s nothing else I consider bad about the Beta 0.75 update. It is a lot harder to sprint around if there are blocks all over the landscape on a certain map, therefore, sprinting is made impossible. Because of the increase in spade damage, it is a lot easier to grief certain things. Finally, one topic that has been brought up quite a bit is the slight accuracy decrease in the rifle. It seems that it is only slightly inaccurate, compared to the recent Beta 0.70 version.

Future References…
In the future, I wouldn’t mind seeing secondary weapons. For example, a pistol. It wouldn’t be a primary weapon like the SMG, Rifle, or Shotgun, however. It’s hotkey could possibly be “5”, with the spade, grenade, block, and weapon being their same hotkey. Also, Bullet Drop implementation has been talked about (thanks to StackOverflow), and I heard that Ben is actually considering it. Implementing Bullet Drop would increase the game mechanics of Ace of Spades, and would make it feel like a completely different game.

Finally, if Ace of Spades was released for money, I don’t think I would buy it. For one, I’ve played it before, and even though it’s a lot of fun, I don’t think I would spend money on it, especially when there are a few bugs that will be sure to occur when Ace of Spades enters Alpha, rather than Beta.

But that’s all of my opinions for now. Thanks for reading this!
-Carnage

Why do you always do style text? It hurts my eyes.

Yeah, Ben was talking about it when he actually applied the update.

And HoboBob, why do you always read my posts?

One more con: spectator mode is a spy camera.

It can be, especially when you’re having a chat over Mumble or Skype with the people playing. But if the server has Spectator Mode Speech off, and you’re not in a conversation, it’s not that much of a spy cam. After being Spectator for a while, it can get boring, as I’ve experienced this in the past.

I’ve seen the most problems with people going spectator while double accounting.

I forgot who exactly, but let’s call him bob. Bob was playing, and Bob1 was on spectator.
And somehow, Bob just so happened to know exactly where I was, despite there being 5 identical walls, one of which I was hiding behind.

Coincidence? Maybe. But also possibly not :stuck_out_tongue:

Because they are public domain.

HoboBob, if they’re public domain, then don’t complain about the way I format my text. Thanks.

Reki, I can see exactly what you’re saying. It’s very easy to give the location of someone away when you’re a spectator. It’s happened to me enough, as well.