Best Players

Can anybody explain me why spading is so “pro”?

I think its pretty poor. Imagine a rifle 1vs1 at short range. The better one tries to hit the enemy with his weapon, he trusts in his aiming. The noob picks out spade and wins the battle. So where is spading so pro? Or a rifle vs SMG at short range, the smgay is noob anyway, but a normal player tries to kill the enemy with his weapon. Its defficult, but this shows who is good and who is bad. The rifle-noob picks out spade and tried to win in the easy (nooby) way. But this is my opinion…

I disagree. Having good aim and being good are not the same thing. The better player is going to be the one who’s smart enough to know what to do to maximize his chances of winning. If the spade is a better and easier alternative in some situations, it would be dumb to not use spade in those situations. If someone is sacrificing a possible advantage in an attempt to look more “pro,” then that seems like they would be the very opposite of pro, as they would die more and be more likely to lose.

Exactly. Fuck “honor”. The best player is the one standing at the end, and that one is usually the one who did whatever gives him the best chance of surviving.

yes like hackers

I killed a hacker today :), but then he respawned and esp-found me and killed me :frowning:

Having the technical prowess to swivel to the spade and land TWO strikes before the other guy fires off a round or two from his gun is pretty darn hard.
All about that APM, yo.

spades have too much killing angle but too little range- they can hit someone 3 blocks to the side of them, but not 3 blocks in front

Can I challenge Drebbel in 1v1 match sometime? i’m pretty curious about his skills :smiley:

I definitely agree!

That’s what she said.

you could, but honestly I don’t see myself anywhere good enough to be mentioned in this thread.

When the situation allows it I have my moments, usually after finding a nice camping spot with a good sight at the enemies tower, and with an opponent that doesn’t care about being killed every time they reach the top of the stairs. :expressionless:

topo, hankey, PABH, Eddiee.

:expressionless: Poker face because you were mentioned in this thread.

Drebbel anyway sometimes i use the #aloha irc, so we can discuss the 1v1 there.

I’ve played with PABH but i’m not sure if it was really him, because he didn’t write anything in chat. Yeah and played like a pro…

topo was really good before but now he’s really damn rusty