Battlefield 1942: Download free

Battlefield 1942

http://battlefieldinformer.com/gallery/files/1/battlefield1942_games_desktop_wallpaper01-1024x768_original.jpg

http://cdn.battlefield.com/www.battlefield.com/sites/default/files/bf1942_packart.png?v=1386624694450rc1

Download at Origin

Battlefield 1942 is the first game in the Battlefield series. Arguably one of the most pivotal multiplayer games, Battlefield 1942 was a defining moment for DICE.

Armed with the knowledge and experience from the spiritual predecessor Codename Eagle, the studio set out to create the game of their dreams.

Building upon and vastly refining the ideas from Codename Eagle, Battlefield 1942 let players engage in infantry combat and get behind the wheel of a variety of vehicles from submarines to battleships and bombers. The game introduced the signature Battlefield rock-paper-scissors gameplay, as well as the exciting “Battlefield Moments” people refer to when talking about their unique and unscripted experiences within the multiplayer game.

The game also introduced mainstay Battlefield concepts such as the tactical game mode Conquest and team play functionality. Actions like spotting enemies and repairing damaged vehicles are essential Battlefield elements that have been part of the series ever since. The fact that team play was highly rewarded was a break from current norms, and no doubt played a huge part in its success.

Battlefield 1942 propelled DICE to global acclaim and gave them a multi-million fan base. The game sold over four million copies and has won a number of awards, including the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences’ Game of the Year, Most Innovative Game of the Year, and Online Gameplay of the Year. Most recently, it was dubbed “Game of the Decade” at the Swedish Video Game Awards in 2010. Perhaps more importantly, though, it is the game that started one of the world’s most loved and played gaming series.

awesome :slight_smile:

Battlefield bad company 2 was the best thing I have ever played. They should make that one free to play.

Damnit, should have waited those 6 years till it was free, i bought 1942+all 2 expansion packs for $10.

Well, you should had bought battlefield 2 instead of this, six years ago. xD

I still play it after 8 years of playing,got a lot of mods.