Bad news

Some of you know, many probably don’t. Bukkit developers ditched, now the project is kinda in the hands of, well, no one.

What does this mean?

No 1.8 for a long time, unless I figure something out to get the same functionality with a different set-up.

So, just warning you that things are going to be turbulent for a while :frowning:

shiiiiit

whoa, that’s kind of a big deal. do you have any alternatives in mind?

FUCK.

Was kind of waiting for that… Something will probably come up soon enough. some other developers will take over…

Is this going to affect the public server as well?

Yes, this will affect both servers.

The public one more so, I imagine.

The private one the only thing we really have is home teleports… Besides the block logging.

@izzy: Alternatives do not exist yet. Spigot is working on updating afaik, they are a branch of bukkit so plugins we have will still work. Else, it would likely be a completely different format than bukkit thus requiring new plugins, and a data transfer. Overall, not much work…just might inconvenience some people. My biggest fear is that we won’t get somethign good enough soon enough.

Combine that with mojang rumored to be bought by Microsoft…If that happens, I just don’t know where MC will go.

hahaha what, i play mc like every day and seriously if microsoft buys it then i dont know what will happen next

them Mojang folks will be a whole lot richer, that’s what

1927.jpg

Well, a lot of stuff could happen. Honestly, most likely a bunch of seemingly new great stuff will happen. New features, fixes, etc…But, also, a possibility of a complete change in the game, features which do not belong, paid DLC, server changes, forced Microsoft login, etc.

This is actually good news for me because I heard 1.8 would need something my computer didn’t have.
But its not like I’m active or anything so…

• SnIpEr hides

I think your computer should be fine, SnIpEr!

Money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

https://mojang.com/2014/09/yes-were-being-bought-by-microsoft/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=tumblr

We’re FUCKED

2.5 BILLION DOLLARS for some cubes…