babel rotation

i’ve noticed a lot of people complaining about maps lately. some, like crossfire3, seem to kill the server every time they’re played. i’m going to look at changing up the rotation a little bit and i’d like to start with removing the maps people seem to hate. i’ll be asking about this ingame as well and seeing what the most common and strongest opinions are and going from there

once people are generally happy with all the maps in the rotation i think it’ll be good to try adding some new maps (http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=9358.0 is a good place to make suggestions for that, for now. i’ll be following while i do this)

[details=maps currently in rotation]vippers_nes
ruins_onigiri
flower
moon
tradeoff
greenravine
swag2
holes
tunnel-top
ellipsis
stadium
blam
utopia2
moskvababel
islandbabel
pinpoint2
swag1
1river2forts
dedust2x2
icecraft
pinline
frog1.1
abridgetoofar
minihills
toast
turv
crossfire2
bridgeyard
catseyebabel
halongbabel
babelpocalypse
plateau
spitfire
chestren
TowerDive
battlefarm
swag3
babelstairs
driftice
yukon
arenatoofar
waterfrontv2babel
trenches
crossfire3
newfort
turtlesoup
pincushion
nomansland
octopus
binladencompoundv7[/details]

please try not to argue with one another, it won’t help get anything done quickly. just looking for opinions on which maps should be removed from as many different people as possible and if the thread turns into arguments it’ll be needlessly hard to sift through
my own suggestions are turv, pinline, de_dust2x2, babelstairs, crossfire3. i feel less strongly about plateau and ruins_onigiri but still don’t enjoy playing them very much.

which maps do you enjoy playing least?

maps I don’t exactly care for (not in any particular order):

frog1.1
driftice(too much white for my taste)
crossfire3
waterfrontv2babel
-end-

Pinline isn’t a bad map but people probably don’t like it because they have to change their strategy to win. But Israelleelll brought up the idea of increasing the spawn platform and adding multiple lines down the middle http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=7980.msg81158#msg81158

Maps I like
tradeoff
babelstairs
dedust2x2
vippers_nes
holes
crossfire2
ellipsis
1river2forts

i dislike maze mountain and crossfire and driftice. I like everything else

mazemountain hasn’t been in the rotation for months and there are two crossfires - which one do you dislike? or both?

Out of all these maps the only one I really don’t like is crossfire3. I’ve never had one fun game on that map. The rest of them I’ve learned to love over the years.

The only weakness with babelstairs, pinline, and pincushion is how terribly griefy they are for babel. Some games on those maps I feel like i have to hold everybody’s hand just to end the maps destruction.

oh i can’t tell which one is which… let’s just say i don’t like all of crossfire .-.

crossfire3 is the one that is all 3d like and crossfire2 is the flat 2d one.

Maps I enjoy to play :
Tradeoff (imo would be good to see it more often btw)
TowerDive
islandbabel
driftice
icecraft
waterfront
greenravine
minihills
catseyebabel
babelstairs (even if it is subject to alot of grief tho)

also Pinline would be good if israel’s suggestion was adopted, because it provides the exact thing we’re looking for : change & renewal ; in a nutshell fresh maps because ppl are bored playing the same maps for months, we basically just need novelty

Making maps requires people and the patience to make them, it’s not that simple to make one. Especially a nice one. Anywho, since I originally suggested reform…

These are the maps I personally don’t like
Crossfire2
greenravine
Crossfire3
Frog
dedust2x2
icecraft
turv

These are maps that can kill the game if teams are stacked (they’re still fun though)
Towerdive
pinline
catseyebabel
minihills

Griefer attraction maps
babelstairs
turv
crossfire3
ellipsis
bridgeyard
tradeoff
pinline
pincushion

As a side note, babelstairs is the most common culprit for griefing, as all you have to do is just knock down a few sets of stairs, and put a few campers in the remaining pillars, and then you can no longer easily take out any tower. Tradeoff is a great map to level the enemies side. However there are people who like to grief their own side…so…yeah. Fun map though, I love it.

Maze mountain was okay imo.

Maps which no longer seem ideal:

• Yukon
  • Crossfire 3
  • Toast

Consider adding (Liszted from most interesting to least interesting):

[ol]- Standoff - an absolute slaughterhouse from the amount of crossfire on this map

• Skullfort
  • Neonormandie
  • Yubacore - bring me back!
  • Encampment - similar to standoff
  • Goldbeach
  • Tortuga
  • Mazemountain
  • Izcool
  • Yarr[/ol]

I dare you to add it:

• Termina
  • Metropolis

To be added out of pity for the map designer:

To be removed from rotation & deleted from the aloha.pk map repository:

• Pinline

crossfire3 is out of the rotation

maybe add:
tortuga
steelmaze
that old babel map that had the buildings with red roofs (can’t recal the name)

(also while you’re at it mix up hallway with different hw maps :wink: )

Remus i guess.

Some comments on current maps:
Pincushion is great if there is someone to /tb griefers… And tent location can be really awful.
Moon is nice but it is really hard to spot blues because of the black sky (which is a good idea, since black towers are practically invisible)
Tradeoff = my favorite :-*
Yukon, please remove :frowning:

“New map”:
Did we ever play in Joe Biden’s compound? It probably sucks.
Hoover looks great!
Hamburg (I recall playing this map, it was on babel I think)
And as dd said: termina & metropolis :smiley:

I enjoy tradeoff,binladencompound and waterfrontv2

Yukon,icecraft,driftice are useful for skycolored stairs.moon is also good for blackstairs.

Yes thanks.

re-add remus to the rotation :wink:

acidcrackmeth for babel 2017
icecraft is boring and is the only map that’s ever on
e: also moon is too dark

As for maps I would like to see:
Yubacore
UFO
Ambush
BigAssSideForts
Faceoff
Harbor
Remus

UFO was definitely a crazy and cool map, but even though I liked it, a lot of people didn’t. Yubacore was amazing, and deserves to be back. Ambush could be rotated 90 degrees and it would be a very very interesting map to play on. BigAssSideForts would be a cool one, Faceoff would need to be lowered by about 40 blocks or so but then it would definitely be great for babel.

Maps I would like to see tested

summerfields
hoover
jungle0
landofcahirs
nard (if rotated 90 degrees)
scandinavia
superalohababel
tortuga
vastland
urbantankfight
winter (replace icecraft/yukon?)