Ace of Spades "1.0" OpenGL sneak peek

I kind of hope this is real and kind of not.

agree

Wow…

Ace of Spades is going to be gone… FML

Watch all the 1.0 bugs arise. But srs, if they’re making this pay to play, I’m not even gonna bother looking at AoS anymore.

Ace of Spades was already going to become a Pay to Play on 1.0 as said from Ben himself. I remember having a chat with him on mumble when discussing the P2P. He said that the game would be at a indie price between £6-12. He said that he couldn’t confirm it (Ah yes Jagex was a secret then). Anyway i think people are over exaggerating about hating Jagex.

I actually asked Ben on IRC a month before Jagex was revealed. I asked Ben if the price would be ten dollars and he said maybe a penny lower.

Well, now I’m glad I never invested any time in the second Ace of Spades forums.

AoS is heading somewhere, and I have a feeling not many of us are going to like it. Still, aloha will always be a close group, and I’m sure we cal pull through this together (as in, let’s keep some 0.75 and 0.76 servers around).

Off-topic: they took off the wilderness in Runescape?

They did but now its back… just with some “Changes” they took it off along with the free trade. but im not sure if your referring to any recent news about the wilderness because I haven’t checked the forums in a long time because runescape is kinda shit…

Guess people really wanted that wildy.

On another note, the “JAGEX FIRES NEW LIFE INTO THE FIRST PERSON SHOOTER GENRE” accompanied by a picture of a green decimating a tower just gives the impression that your “firing” is going to kill the genre instead.

Derp. They are real. www.aceofspades.com

They took it away in 2007, and then re-added it in 2011 to try and gain back some older users. Epic fail.

Even I (who used to play RS for hours on end) don’t like playing RS anymore.

Lol well the website changed, and at the bottom of the page it has Jagex’s label so that pretty much confirms all that has been said thus far. If we choose to belive what was announced, it will be a one time fee for the game, hopefully not a one time fee then if you want, you can by other weapons. Thats what eventually ruins games people that have bank can just buy all the good stuff and own all the other players. (EpicDuel)

I take a quick break from AoS, and this is what I come back to? Man oh man this is gonna seem like a completely different game! I kinda regret not keeping up with the Jagex/Forums drama now…

What Reki said. The reason why this simply will NOT be that bad is because we run our own servers. We don’t NEED to update along with Jagex if we don’t want to. Or we can have old and new servers running. We can even make our own off-shoot, where we update the game ourselves, if we were that serious about it.

I want to stay with aloha.pk but some people think just because 1.0 is coming they’re all leaving and the new forums increases that :expressionless:
EDIT: Example: {TR}SN1P3R is leaving for MC and some others but i forgot the IGNs…

I cant believe this. The little game called Ace of Spades is gonna cost money? AND JAGEX? EGHHHHHH. I remember when only rifle, 100 blocks, and maybe 20 servers. This is horrible, steam, Jagex, money, and that strange looking almost realistic lighting and graphics. I just wished the old forum and stuff were back. This sucks… :frowning:

I guess i should say here, dont diss it when you havent tried it. Although I hope the cash settlement is not very large hope fully in the 10 - 20$ range.

It’s probably gonna be $5-$10 from what I’ve heard.

Shouldn’t be too bad then if its just a one time payment.