Blockpower

Didn’t realize that I hadn’t made a thread for this yet.

This is a WIP gamemode that is similar to (and will probably eventually replace) IRPG.
How it works is you select your power by changing your block color (by using your arrow keys while you have the block selected)
A few columns of colors have powers, and almost all powers start at level 1: That is, all powers are available to use immediately, but you can upgrade them by capturing intel.

Here’s a picture showing all the powers (they’re numbered based on when I added the powers, that’s why the numbering is weird):

I update fairly often, so don’t be surprised if new powers pop up or things get moved around.

Some things I’m planning on adding/fixing for next update:

• Having the server remember your powers if you leave the game and rejoin.
    So if you crash or get busy you can come back and not lose progress, but only for the duration of the map (the server will ‘forget’ your powers on map change)
  • A helmet message for attackers, similar to how armor. In some situations the “helmet-drop” effect doesn’t or can’t work.
  • Nerf Level 1 and 2 Disarm
  • Explode Rocket Launcher rockets if they hit people
  • New power column with a Pro/Con theme:[li]A power that prevents people from teleporting near you- A power that disarms someone who disarms you- A power that drops a grenade on your corpse when you die- Move Misery to this column[/li]
  • Replace Misery with a “proximity grenade”
  • Triple powers reward for getting level 3 everything?

Notes:
You can use /bp to lock your power selection so you can change block color without changing powers
You can use /explain to describe your current power (having dual powers removes the description when selecting)
If a power requires you to build, it will almost always use LEFT CLICK building. Stairmaster is the only one that uses drag building, I believe

Play @ aos://1379434439:48887 or look for aloha.pk blockpower on BuildAndShoot.com.

Oh wow never thought you can upgrade your powers.

wow I like these updates but I think triple powers will be too op.

Helmet + Flak Jacket + Armor??? ridiculously OP. Even shotgun at point blank range wont counter that.

exactly my point, besides a pro would go n an unstoppable rampage and would eventually get vk’ed

very fun and addictive. one of my favorite AoS game modes.

Well if you’re looking for a normal game there are many other servers with that type of gameplay. This server is meant to be over the top and if you play it long enough you get the reward of being near-invincible.

Getting lvl 3 everything would take a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Click for details

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

So a killcam CAN be put into AoS. I thought someone said it couldn’t. :o

Then again, it would probably be just a spectate AFTER he killed you.

It just puts your dead body where he is. It doesn’t follow him or anything. It does spit out some stats (accuracy,ratio,HP,Ping) about your killer, but it’s really only useful to catch a camper you can’t find.

I don’t think I’ll be adding triple powers, so don’t worry about that. (it would’ve taken a minimum of 40 intel captures to max out everything anyway)

Thepolm3 made a remake of it for the moba gamemode, hope you don’t mind

I’ve updated a few of the powers:

Dropped (since the beginning):
Feign death
Transmute
Blockexchange
Bombsquad
Depo

New (this update):
Major change in how Divination works - Hold v to sacrifice health in order to find an enemy (Makes them hurt you, so use the pain indicator to find them!)
Manual Override - Charge powers faster by rapidly pressing crouch
Blink blocks - Place blocks that blink in and out of existence for x seconds
Dankoblocks - Place blocks that disappear when you are far but reappear when you get close (or right click to place blocks that do the opposite!)

And a power that can only be used by a player who has upgraded all powers to level 3:
Trollshot - Killing players resets all their powers to level 1. However, dying while having this power active will reset all of your powers! Risky!

Check the first post to see an updated image guide showing everything!

I can imagine a better combination of 3 powers, helmet + flakjacket + misery.
Its good to see Blockpower updating a lot ;D, out of all the other servers it keeps my small attentive brain the most entertained.

Why did you removed feign dead :o?

It was unreliable, overpowered, and there was a bug allowing people to stay invisible while moving that I couldn’t track down.

manual overdrive+rocket launcher!

Teleport 3 + Rocket 3

Armor 3/Flakjacket 3+SupeJump 3 (if you hold crouch while in the air, you can always be ready for superjump upon touching down, while armor/flak protects you)

Lol,

other players dont knew how to change their powers

Danko if its possible can you make a repeating /say command that informs them to refer to your thread on how the powers work?

There’s messages that show up periodically and every time you spawn. There’s not much I can do for people who can’t read.
And there’s always this for people who can read.