Spoils

I’m sure a lot of the coders that saw this are working on making a few scripts.

Technical question: Is it possible to make tent behavior dependent on what a player carries?

-If a player carries the spade, then going to the tent removes all blocks. Else, the current refill of blocks occur.

When I build in Babel, I will return to the tent with no blocks, thus carrying the gun for protection. I seldom carry the spade.

I like the inverted babel idea, but think that spoils may also be useful in other play modes like a fork of the normal babel.

Yes.

It’s possible to change how many blocks a player has server-side, but not client-side. ie: we can take away a player’s blocks but they won’t be able to tell that we did. They’ll have blocks on their screen, they just won’t be able to build with them. The only thing we can do that they can see is refill their blocks completely.

…bummer!

Any good ideas?

I honestly don’t really like this idea too much. It will cause too much confusion for those who don’t use forums and don’t know what’s going on. There could be a message installed that will tell them what is happening but they might not speak English or whatever language the message will be in. Also, what if someone wasn’t a tunneler and is just trying to make a trench or bunker to shoot from? And what if someone is just getting rid of unneeded or offensive structures? Or just spading some misplaced blocks? There is just too many factors for me to like this idea, tbh.

I agree, and I think that is also part of the reason why some of the new, confusing modes are not catching on fast. If you consider babel, when it first came out, it was pretty straight forward. Build a tower up to that gigantic platform, capture intel. Same with Arena.

Seeing the technical limitations of the game and the valid counter-arguments presented, I withdraw my suggestion.
I still believe that tunnelers can have a somewhat too big advantage in some games, but using spoils to slow them down a bit may not be the proper way of dealing with this.

New versions like Parkour and Smashoff? What I don’t understand is how TC never caught on. I loved that mode and it’s not like it is a newer mode.

R.I.P. Territorial Control

(Maybe aloha could start to host a TC server? I know I would go on it.)

hmm, TC, yes

I love TC :smiley: its like conquest mode in battlefield.

TC was pretty popular from what I remember, only things that could of brought it down was they only used one map (not sure what server hosted it) and/or the fact it was near impossible to win. You’d have to cap the final point while a few waves of enemies spawn on you. Maybe a refined version of the script, better placed capture points, and some new maps would bring it to life once more.

Are you even kidding? They had a bunch of maps.

You might wanna check yourself Eddy, like I said I don’t know what server I was playing that hosted the single map TC. I do apologize for my lack of TC server knowledge, this was only from my experience with the game-mode.