Official rules needed for AoS

Here’s the current rule set:(Unofficial)

[b]What do we consider abuse?

Cheating
Aimbot, wallhack, glitching, speedhack etc
Unfair play
Griefing, repeated teamkilling, votekick abuse, etc.
Misuse of trust
Admin abuse of commands, abuse of trusted status, etc[/b]

Now, there is no rules for language or other various items.
I suggest that an official rule set be made.
Currently there is basically none, unless you violate one of the above.

Now, currently, even if someone is spamming a server, you cannot votekick them… since it would be considered “votekick abuse”.
Technically, they didn’t even break a rule, while you did.
This also offers people an excuse to be ‘toxic’ too and I’ve had votekicks cancelled, even though the guy was excessively toxic.
Sure, report and file abuse cases, yes, but what rule does it violate, even though there isn’t any official rules.

You can even impersonate trusted players or regular players without issues it seems.
I asked staff to check/ban an imposter, but it only applies if you are guard or above.
This has to stop, and it has come to a point of where basically nothing is done.

Unless you cheat or grief, you are basically free to do anything.(It seems.)
(Unless you are excessively toxic and evade mutes.)

I’d like to see some official rules made to help prevent more issues from happening in AoS.
Maybe one day it can help make this much more enjoyable to play some day.

Thanks for listening and reading this post, as it has been mostly a complaint of a lack of rules.
Now, could someone offer a good explanation why there is not a set of official rules? :stuck_out_tongue:

-Zehra

don’t be toxic in gameplay or chat
bam

Simply put, AoS has a small enough playerbase for the staff here to take action at their discretion.

Now, currently, even if someone is spamming a server, you cannot votekick them... since it would be considered "votekick abuse"

Don’t think that’s true.

I asked staff to check/ban an imposter, but it only applies if you are guard or above

Which is fair. Guards+ have earned a higher place in the community and impersonating staff is pretty obviously not ok regardless of community/game/etc. It kind of sucks when someone impersonates you but if you don’t give it much attention it generally doesn’t happen often. Also, if you are active and other active players know your in-game mannerisms, they will probably know it’s not you. Aside from that, it doesn’t matter what a random thinks, right?

When having a toxic player votekicked or asking an admin to kick them, rarely it happens.(So rules are needed.)

I try /admin and nothing happens to someone griefing.
(Sometimes it takes 15 minutes for someone to get on and nothing happens to the griefer.)
So, I somewhat doubt that point.

It seems griefers are protected from votekicks.

It’s not fair, even if you get trusted, you can still be impersonated by anyone.
Shouldn’t trusted be where people can’t impersonate you without getting banned?
Probably should apply to registered too, but it does not, even if you contact staff, nothing will happen to the person impersonating you.
Major issue is the protocol which prevents bringing in proper logins and authentications.
So, either a rule of no impersonation is needed, or we’ll have to wait for the protocol change, but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

-Zehra

Common sense

Good luck telling that to most players.

-Zehra

Ban is the answer

Without any rules, good luck with that.

-Zehra

Also try to denounce players through the forum or the discord channel, if it bothers you a lot, do votekick (with an acceptable reason).
There is a command to mute the game chat in aos, I’m not sure if it works in OS, use /deaf.

I sometimes do /admin, but the command fails as even people votekick the guy 15 minutes later for aimbot/grief.
Votekicks almost never go through.
I’d probably record a bit more, if it didn’t effect my ratio, I’ll either end up with a really bad one while player or moving to spectator gives it away and they’ll stop for a while and resume griefing when they assume it is safe.

Also you can’t votekick people for being toxic or whatever without getting it cancelled.
Even hackers get more respect than trusted.
Impersonating a hacker is not fine, but you’re free to impersonate trusted. (Moderator requested that cheater not be impersonated/parodied, but when a trusted player requested that someone be checked for impersonation, nothing did happen.)
So no rules exist and this is a good example of why some rules are needed.

-Zehra

Impersonating a hacker is not fine, but you're free to impersonate trusted.

Feel free to impersonate a hacker all you want. If however by any chance a staff member thinks youre the hacker himself and you get banned do not come here afterwards to whine about it. Youve been warned several times.

Also you can't votekick people for being toxic or whatever without getting it cancelled.

You’re free to votekick whoever you want for whatever reason you want. Usually staff members let votekicks expire even if the reasoning is wrong (unless it’s straight up offensive), rarely do they cancel as it blows their cover. A staff member canceling a legit votekick is out of the question.

So no rules exist and this is a good example of why some rules are needed.

The rules are:
Do not cheat
Do not be a dumbass towards other players
and generally do not act disturbingly stupid

No Discord messages, so I guess this counts as no warning.
Parodying trusted is fine it seems or even impersonating them.
I remember that someone who was trusted asked someone to check imposters, but staff did nothing.

Yes, unless the votekick is offensive, but I’ve seen people join with offensive names, so I guess there is a major issue here.
Votekicking people with offensive reason is not permitted. (Yes) But people join with offensive names and it’s fine???
Staff cancelled legit votekicks… I votekicked one guy for griefing and he was, but it got cancelled???

Tell that to snoke, coreveth, and indian cook…
It also isn’t posted anywhere… as rules… so maybe an “official rules” thread/topic is needed?

-Zehra

Parodying trusted is fine it seems or even impersonating them.
Nobody can impersonate you unless they have access to your aloha.pk account details.
Votekicking people with offensive reason is not permitted. (Yes) But people join with offensive names and it's fine???

There appear to be no in-game complaints in your logs about any offensive names, so why come here and complain about it now.

The rules are: Do not cheat Do not be a dumbass towards other players and generally do not act disturbingly stupid
It also isn't posted anywhere.... as rules... so maybe an "official rules" thread/topic is needed?

Afterall it does take the logic of a 10 year old to acknowledge them

Tell that to snoke, coreveth, and indian cook...
All those people have faced/are facing the consequences.
I remember that someone who was trusted asked someone to check imposters, but staff did nothing.
Staff cancelled legit votekicks... I votekicked one guy for griefing and he was, but it got cancelled???
Also you can't votekick people for being toxic or whatever without getting it cancelled.

There’s infinitely many quotes of yours of the sort and i think you get the point already. You keep accusing people of stuff with no evidence to support it. Either start recording (though that will severely affect your ratio sadly) or stop making such claims of “people” doing “things” wrongly. I’m not even saying that these accusations are wrong or not, though figuring that out is impossible without proof and people are generally considered innocent until proven guilty in this community.

I’ve seen people join twice with my name, and both times asked staff to do something.
(I think someone is trying to impersonate me…)

I remember doing votekicks and /admin, but it goes no where like always.

Now how simple is it to make an official rules topic?
Step 1: Login and create topic “official rules”.
Step 2: Add the rules you’ve posted.
Step 3: Lock topic and keep it up to date with minor edits.
With this simple tip, you can have official rules.

Finally they violated one area of the abuse section, but basically didn’t break any rules, since there was none. (officially.)

“hax” is very commonly used, but doesn’t mean someone is hacking. (Even staff have joked about “hacking”.)

MuffinTastic: i use aimbot....
I'll /admin or votekick when I (actually) think someone is hacking/griefing (or if something seems off). It's not my job to be searching for cheats or recording them. Is there a way to logoff while still joined to server? (Since then it makes sense to record, otherwise why even bother?) Switching to spectator gives away that someone is likely recording and provides a good indication to turn off cheats or to stop griefing. Getting proof without someone turning off cheats/hack or whatever is the tricky part.

-Zehra

I’ll end it off with this, because we’re already too far into the conversation and its getting nowhere it seems.

Quote from: SpyKaps on March 13, 2018, 08:15:59 PM HST Nobody can impersonate you unless they have access to your aloha.pk account details.

I’ve seen people join twice with my name, and both times asked staff to do something.
(I think someone is trying to impersonate me…)

One can only impersonate you if they login with your account. Unless they do that you will not be confused for another person.

Having official rules means that we’ll have to abide by them more strictly which in turn leads to more of the playerbase being restricted from joining the servers. That is not something we want as the community is small enough already. Staff members generally follow the ruleset i introduced to you and when it comes to dishing out punishment, we’re honestly already lax enough.

It’s clear nobody can impersonate me, there is no way for anyone else, but guards and above to see if someone logged in. >:(
I guess it is getting nowhere, if there is no official rules, they really can’t be enforced and it just depends on admins opinions. :o

Having official rules means that we'll have to abide by them more strictly which in turn leads to more of the playerbase being restricted from joining the servers
I guess the whole thing is not bothering to care to even have actual rules. ::) Seems like we'll just have to not even bother about rules.

-Zehra