New Babel Map Structure Idea

Layering is the single best thing to have happened to babel.
+1

If you want balance you could make the top layer level with babel a la abridgetoofar. The map would basically become like abridgetoofar but with more active shooting instead of just defending builders.

In Babel it is already easy enough for attackers to create a tunnel network from which they can easily destroy almost any tower.
As a builder, I think maps with such easy hidden access would need re-balancing.
Enter Muffin’s landmines.

To start, we could restructure babelstairs by taking it off the rotation.

I support this. I don’t like babelnoodles.

Second time writing this post, so I’ll going to be lazy and talk like a caveman:

good thick maps: holes, 1river2fort, trenches, blam, turtlesoup often have either (or both): flat spawn areas that don’t provide cover for attackers or central areas that are not thick (even water level) to challenge full tunneling.

maze: bad, too much cover, uninteresting gameplay, dig straight through maze to make easy tunnel. Could work with very thick walls like a subway metro rail or something

High map = short map, but it could be cool to have something like a babel arena map…

Drastic changes to babel gameplay are very unlikely, it’s our tried-and-true server.

There’s plenty of people who love that map, myself included :frowning:

I would kindly ask for you to remove Icecraft from the babel rotation, a lot of people hate it.
I would also kindly ask for you to remove Cs_Assault from the Cs maps rotation, a lot of people hate it too.

I think you posted in the wrong thread

I would kindly ask for you to remove Icecraft from the babel rotation, a lot of people hate it. I would also kindly ask for you to remove Cs_Assault from the Cs maps rotation, a lot of people hate it too.
I love icecraft. It's classic and its bae.

pic is from icecraft yesterday. :3

i41^cimgpsh_orig.png

Are you going to argue with removing assault?

It’s already been explained to me that my opinion on the assault subject is weightless. Even lessening the round limit on it like some of the top 10 maps is out of the question. After all, the “majority” of players enjoy the map, whoever they are. I’ve just stopped playing cs altogether so problem solved.

Who is the majority then? The players and admins that don’t play on cs maps?
I’ve asked the majority of the arena players on aloha, and the majority don’t like it.

I’m going to go ahead and draw the line here. If you want to derail every thread even remotely about maps into “which maps should we delete”, I’m going to start derailing your posts into the trash.

If you want to discuss map rotation on servers, make a thread about it. This thread is clearly not about that.

• (Mistakes were made) -

Danke: What I miss is a willingness to try something out, be it for a short period (maybe only on some specific maps at first), or on a paralell server.
As a builder, I often find the game unbalanced towards attackers, with these continuously running up the same tunnels and attacking from the same hideouts. Yes; a good defensive team could help me there, but I tend to join the weaker team in order to balance the game, and I often find half my team building swastikas or doing other interior decoration. I could also root them out myself, but in the meantime the tower would not be built / repaired.
If I could run up to the tunnel used last and mine it (before continuing to build), then the opponents would have to show some care and caution ehen approaching to attack tower.

I am sure that the current mins script would need some balancing, but without ever trying, there would be no way to know whether this would work.

And… to by honest, I percieve that one problem with AOS today is stagnation. Not much new to try out and learn for the “oldtimers”

I am the same way, that I like to join the team with the weakest tower, and help build. It is frustrating to try to get a tower started, or improved, and getting sniped 10 times before you can even lay one new block.

Then you go chase down the people sniping you down for a while, then the tower is not getting built.

Any new map needs to be balanced, and any new idea to balance the current ones better would be interesting to.

I was told the changes to trusted and what blocks they can and cannot break was to disable us from destroying enemy tunnels :o

Layering like OP sounds like an interesting idea if it’s not too much like the octopus map - direct access to the tower from the enemies who can then dig under it.
but… what Mines script are you talking about?

This one:

The blue blocks are mines, get too close and they will explode. Mines can set off other mines, resulting in chain reactions and more substantial damage.
Mines can be de-fused by digging them out from a safe distance.

Mines would be interesting. That is very cool.