[Event] March FSOM - Zombies

I’m a maybe, will take either team as necessary :slight_smile:

Both added!

Add me as maybe.

Added!

Event starts in 20 minutes. Even though I will not be able to attend, there will be plenty of help from other admins. Hope everyone has fun!

xCross/Krispy jokingly votekicked me in All Maps at 11:44 -6 GMT. TT_TT It passed since it only needed 2 votes.
Plz release me so I can join the eventttt.

Nevermind, the reason it wasn’t working was because it was actually top 10 that I needed to go retry on. Oops. u_u

The zombie gamemode isn’t the best, but it was still decently fun.

Pretty fun, had a nice chase going on in my last few minutes.
While I’m here-balancing ideas.
Give human zombies 200hp or give them a temporary invulnerability right after capping intel.
Balance teams so that nobody can join humans unless zombies has even players.

you fucker, you quit game while I was smacking your face, im never going to forgive you for that.

About the 200hp human zombie… I guess those zombies just have to think better than to rush the tent while their base is overflowing with humans… coz (most likely) not going to happend

Is the team balancing thing still viable?

1. Zombie base is always overflowing with humans.
  2. It’s almost impossible to cap intel as it is, because you can’t do a sneaky tunnel without someone finding your entrance, because you can’t block it up.
  3. Capping intel as a zombie is a disadvantage imo.

Just some ideas that could be implemented like Apoc’s suggestions. Not necessarily all of them together.

• Team balance for sure like Apoc said
  • 5 seconds of invulnerability after capping intel, so you can clear out a couple blues or have 200 hp for 10 seconds or something, so you at least require two headshots. Or just 200 hp forever…
  • Maintain super jump ability or carry over a powerup from blockpower like teleporting grenades or slow constant regening or something.

The biggest issue I find is capping the intel and instantly getting headshotted by a rifle and losing it :confused: Whereas if you were a normal zombie that wouldn’t have happened.

Also, it would be nice if there was some way for a zombie to switch over to the “block” weapon as a shield and take reduced damage like maybe by 20% or something? Just to help with the SMG spam a little. The effect can be disabled when you are holding intel, so it’s not too OP.

the thing that bothers me is that when you’re a human zombie you lose literally everything that makes you a zombie

I’d personally go for 2-3x health and no regen on kill

Same here, you can just get one shotted with a rifle and die. Block idea was nice.

Greetings,

Ace

Normal zombie health is 1000, right? So when a zombie captures the intel he automatically loses all of the zombie scripting. This was originally supposed to be an advantage, in the sense that the human zombie will take the other team by surprise. But the fact that it broadcasts becoming a human zombie to everyone can obliterate that advantage (Assuming the players on the human team can speak English). So the human players will then just be cautious with every green player they see, and not take the chances they usually see. Additionally, half the time the players on human are half-retarded and can’t comprehend human zombies, so the unfortunate zombie who captured the intel gets votekicked.

I think a good compromise for this situation would be that zombie who captures the intel actually becomes actually part human part zombie, instead of just losing all of his zombie characteristics. This would entail the human zombie becoming completely human except he/she would have about a third of his original zombie health, so 333 health. The exception would be that upon killing a human, the human zombie would NOT regenerate health, (Good idea awg) but be able to go back to the zombie tent in order to regenerate health.

If the above is not instituted, then I think the human zombie should at least be able to have the zombie superjump script, and have “Example has become a human-zombie” not announced.

People, please. When you become a human-zombie, you can wipe out pretty much everyone in sight these days (unless you lag like shit or there is a hacker around). There is virtually no need to make it any easier.

Also, when there is a few humans in your base, just hold the intel a bit, and wait for the appropriate occasion to cap it, or let someone else do it. When there are more people on, votekicks don’t pass anyway.

If a human zombie plays vs people who just know how to shoot anything vaguely green, sure its easy to wipe them out. But if someone knows the way to play the gamemode (or as usual, half the humans camp zombie base), its super easy just to guard the enemy tent and kill the human zombie right after cap. Waiting often isn’t a viable option as the enemy is capping your intels carefree.

Yes, because most of the people don’t know how to co-operate or adapt to constantly changing situations accordingly. But, that was always the case, which might be is even more evident, today, every now and then.

Waiting often isn't a viable option as the enemy is capping your intels carefree.
That's why I said you can wait [b]a bit[/b], or die and have someone else cap it (while you, and hopefully your other teammates as well, take care of the situation at your base - rather than of all of them waiting for hell knows what in humans' base).

I don’t think you should lower the bar just to cater to today’s playerbase. At least not in the ways that’ve been proposed so far.

Today’s playerbase is the norm, at least for the past 3 years. Your vision encompasses an very rare occurrence when people who at least somewhat understand the mechanics of the gamemode are playing. It might happen, but the usual zombies game consists of humans setting up camp in the zombie base and in the event a zombie actually wades through smg crossfire and kills a human, he will respawn back on the front lines thanks to squad system.

Or… we can just make it so each intel cap increases your health by 200 or something and doesn’t turn you into a human at all. I don’t know if there is a way to increase speed, but that would be nice as well. If you go with the block idea that reduces damage taken then there is no reason for a gun on the zombie team anyways imo.

What gets me is when you deliver the final intel of the round and new round starts. You are still a zombie, even though you just run like a champion avoiding all bullets to deliver that mofo.