Multiplayer shmup - Stargazer program [ SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION ]

*** SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION BELOW ***
Some of you may know me as I used to play here, the name of this account isn’t my nick but I have gone by several usernames such as meme man, panzer battalion and the like. I used to frequent babel servers although time does not permit any longer.

This is why that’s the case:

I have been developing my own game know as Stargazer program, it’s a multiplayer duelling shmup maybe first of its kind.
Check this out:

You are the shuttle on the bottom and you play against an enemy on the top.
Unlike most shmups this one doesn’t emphasize on the bullet hell aspects and instead promotes strategy and wit. There are about 12 levels in total, all with different aspects and a different strategy for beating it. Beating the CPU is no easy task and you really must use your environment to your advantage to do it. Not to mention that everything between you and the foe is a threat too.

The best thing of all is that this supports network multiplayer, both by direct ip and steam. If you got a friend you can play locally with controllers instead.
If that sounds like something you would like to play hit me up on discord: Discord or get the demo over at itch and have a go: Stargazer program [ DEMO ] by Bear Gears

Thanks for sticking around aos its been fun and maybe I will hop in when I got the time.

4pagXbs.gif

Nwr6xRV.gif

1 Like

so multiplayer is pvp not co-op, right?

Yeah multiplayer is PVP only, its caped to 2 players because its all about getting up close and personal.

You can also play from your couch with a friend and it works best with controllers but if you don’t have one you can play with the keyboard.

the thrill of pvp integrated with one of the most classic gameplays ever… brilliant concept

Looks pretty great! Can’t wait for the final version.

pew pew

as i was saying in Discord, rewards for simply damaging the AI would give both players more incentive to focus on two goals throughout the entire gameplay; damaging the AI as well as each other. a bonus for getting the AI’s actual kill of course, and also gradual rewards for dealing damage… perhaps even growing rewards? for example, the more damage a player deals to the AI, the more points he gets for additional damage…