BuildCon - 27 Dec 2013 10pm GMT

Map overviews (in case anybody wants): buildcon

Earlier today when doing a script update we forgot to save the map, and lost a lot of recent work.

I’m terribly sorry.

We’ve made changes to the autosave so this doesn’t happen again.

I’m extending the competition Through Wednesday, the 1st, at 10pm GMT.

Very soon we’ll have restored the more powerful build commands, which were disabled yesterday because of potential abuse.

Again, I’m terribly sorry about all this.

The build server is up and working properly now.

Everyone has access to a full range of commands from SuperCoolBuild.

Check out the list here:

All commands are available except /plane and /sculpt.

Have fun!

Yes, I want my sector to be entered into the BuildCon II competition!

Sector:
H7 / H8

Teammates:
crumpet (owner H8)
TheGuardian (owner H7)

As of just now:

Keep up the good work! Don’t forget to tell me here if you want to enter the competition.

Submissions due this Wednesday at 10pm GMT

I want to enter competition E6.

Yes I want to be entered into the competition for BuildCon II

Our Sectors are G1 and H1

My Partner in crime is Superman

As of just now:

Remember Wednesday!

Will having 3 grids for entry disqualify you? Because I have 3 grids. E6, C2, E2

Anon, the bigger issue is the lack of space. Currently, there are no sectors available for new people to build (I had to liberate one earlier). Using a forum login was meant as a safeguard so that each person can only own one sector: to prevent a player from grabbing more than one. I wouldn’t mind if someone else owned these sectors and you guys shared.

I have allowed sharing. At least 2 teams so far have submitted dual sectors for consideration. They were adjacent sectors with the same theme. I didn’t mind because 2 people owned these 2 sectors, and they were working on one larger project together.

I was hoping not to have to start liberating sectors until after BuildCon, but I have little choice now. This also involves going through accounts and finding those that share the same IP (a very simple process for us).

For pixel art, you could always implement a platform to hide different things under different layers. The TSB logo in D2 does just this.

I see. I would go ahead and unclaim the other 2 sectors and I will try to find out a solution for my main grid as of right now.

Sector:
{A5}

Teammates:
{Revolet(Me)}

[details=Click for details]Because I left the rapid spade on, I accidentally destroyed the front sails. Here the original image:

[/details]

Does the competition thing end today in 8 minutes?

Yes, I want my sector to be entered into the BuildCon II competition!

Sector:
A8

Teammates:
ThisFrickinSite

Worth a shot.

Yes, competition is over as of 15 mins ago.

But if you submit before this evening, I won’t mind. I’ll write up the voting thread later today.

are you gonna post another scale of the map? I really wanna see that scale model its pretty sick.

Pretty impressive:

Gosh, I’m just wondering how did you get to make a scale model of the map?
Because that would come in handy for someone I know.

http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3619

There ya go!

G1 and H1 wins. GG wp.