BuildCon - 27 Dec 2013 10pm GMT

You use your whole forum name, so:

/login “Vulcan :D” mypass

Any name with a space is wrapped in quotes.

Ah, I get what you are saying, but your thinking of the ‘long’ run. I’m talking about the event itself. If the event itself is like earlier this year then there will be a large amount of people.

The sectors will almost definitely be filled fairly quickly and if the sectors don’t automatically reset and the owners don’t relinquish or add other players to that sector we will run out of sectors for other players joining to play. Then manually add or unclaim sectors for others to build on.

We will just have to see how it works out. We may not have any problems at all.

It’s true, I’m going in this a bit blind.

We haven’t had a buildcon in 9 months, and the community was a lot larger back then.

I’m just watching it closely. It’ll require a bit of micro-management at first.

How long will this last?

The whole idea is you can come back to work on your stuff after it is over [i’d assume christmas buildcon will last a few days, but again the whole idea is that you can come after it has finished and keep working on your stuff.

There’s no official endtime.

We’ll probably be holding a competition for best sector, and I’m thinking allowing a 12 or 24 hour period.

That said, whatever you build you can come back to anytime. The event is being held on the build server, which is always online. Whatever you build will be around for a long time, and you can build on it all you want in the weeks and months ahead.

Sooo umm… if this competition does actually happen, does it mean you can build with a partner or only counts individually?

Also I am just wondering, why is it that we can not have sculpt to build with? Since we can’t grief others.

It’d be done by sector, so you can get the 31 other players on the server to work on your sector with you if you wanted. Anyone permitted in the sector would get credit

I don’t know a lot about the different build features. What is sculpt?

EDIT: I see now. It’s not included on our end in a list of things available on SuperCool build. Some features (like this one) worked outside the claim sectors, and so can’t be permitted or else people could grief anywhere (not even admins have this one). Others conflict with other scripts specifically used on aloha. Sorry.

I’ve added competition info. See the 3rd post on the first page.

Good luck with the event guys.

Although it kinda sux coz I need to be here at 10 p.m.

SORRY EVERYONE, I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE IT

Cheers,

Vulcan :smiley:

There’s no signup, just be there on time to stake your claim!

See you all in 2 hours.

As a heads up: I see a lot of people with claimed sectors.

The event starts in 1.5 hours, so all this will be wiped!! Also, sector claims are wiped as well. It’s completely new at 10pm GMT.

Awww… so i built that for nuthin :confused: that blows…

Sorry…

Server is shutdown for now, will reopen at event time.

oh lol i was like WTF??

Event Live!

http://aos075.aloha.pk:52886/

Everyone hang tight.

We’re seeing if we can pull up a backup.

There was an accident made using an admin command that cut the map. We have some backups already, but we’re figuring out what to do at this point.

In the meantime, you can join us in the IRC, which you can access on the aloha.pk front page in the top right corner. (The chat thing, aloha@quakenet).

Server is back up. Horizontal cuts have been removed.

Also, the scripting has been changed to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I’m extending the competition 24 hours.

Submissions must be in by the 29th at 10pm GMT.