[SERVER] Arena Favorites Discussion

thanks for your feedback.

the aloha.pk arena top 10 maps server has been renamed to aloha.pk arena top maps and currently has this map rotation:

“minideckarena”, “avstorage”, “indiaarena”, “generator2”, “planeassault”, “avseafort”, “prisonbreak”, “nuketown”, “avsmallfortress”, “facingworldsarena”, “avsides”, “rigreloaded”, “ambassyarena”, “avseafort”, “alcatrazarena”, “abordage”, “castlewars”, “turvystairs”, “swamparena”, “avorder”, “highrise”, “abandonedfactory”, “neotokyo”, “sixhouses”, “crossover”

keep the opinions coming!

I actually like top 10 better, but more maps are better as well. More maps in Counter-Strikes Maps?

Can i still rate the top 25 maps or it won’t have any meaning?
Now, when i saw the maps, i think i can judge them from a different point of view, but i am still asking if it will have any impact.
EDIT: Ok, just soon as i’ll have time, i’ll post here my opinion.

edit No.2: I’ve posted it here http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=4504.msg39362#msg39362

Yeah deepspace… no comment.

I can’t remember the map’s name, but it has two small buildings and a small courtyard in the middle. Nades prioritized after the round starts.

avinsides?

Bump

This is a pretty good idea should be revived

Someone should write an ingame script where you can do /ratemap (Number from 1-5) to leave a rating for how you feel about the map. This can go to a status page of all the maps and their global rating (yay statistics) this rating can also be changed anytime you feel like voting again. You would have to be logged in to vote.

Maybe make it, so that there is a “raffle” system for maps where the average rating is calculated for each map:

Joe voted 2
Sam voted 5
Jill voted 4
Sean voted 3

Average: 3.5

And then this number would go into a “raffle” to select a map each time the previous one ends. This way all the “5.0” rated maps will get selected often and the players will be happy. Another stipulation would be that maps with no votes or votes less than 10 total votes on them (when they’re new) would have a neutral rating of 3.0 until they reached the quota of minimum votes.

With this rating system. A map that is voted at a 5.0 rating should be loaded 5 times per server map “rotation”. A map with a 1.0 rating should only be loaded once.

Bump.

Airplanearena FTW.

The matches are kinda long, since some people do camp on the top of airplane.

The Vertigo map from CS it can be cool, i can’t forget to those who always died by the fall on the abyss