[GUIDE] Votekicking

Griefers: If you think you're onto a griefer, but aren't too sure, this provides some backup verification. 1. Check players' griefing history. Syntax: /gc [Duration] [Player] Replace [Duration] with a number, specifying the number of minutes of griefing history you wish to view. You can leave this out, which defaults the check to 2 minutes. Read the message. If he/she has removed 30+ blocks, from other players, you can be pretty sure that he's griefing, so votekick the player.

It’s /gc [Player] [Duration] not Duration first.

Derp. Fixed.

there’s a difference between going (oh 1000+ accuracy. ban right now for aimbot) and going (oh 1000+ accuracy. maybe should check that out).

Yeah, Craft is right. I’ve had over 500% accuracy multiple times with a shotgun. The point is, people rely too much on numbers and statistics. WATCH THE PLAYER. Spectate him or her. If a player has a high accuracy and a high ratio, that could mean something, but it doesn’t mean everything. I’ve kept up an accuracy of 65% and a 15 ratio with a rifle for an entire map of arena (Camping on prisonbreak ftw). The only way you can be sure is if you take it upon yourself to examine the player firsthand. Only checking accuracy and ratio is a good way to kick innocent players and miss guilty ones.

Out of curiosity, what should I do if I was wrongly votekicked? I got votekicked on aloha.pk LCTF pinpoint for griefing. Only problem is, I wasn’t griefing. I did joking shoot the instigator, sebastianarias in the head (he was on my team), but that was because Mr. sebastianarias had tried to keep me from capturing the intel by building blocks in my way. He then started a votekick, which succeed. I have never, and will never hack or grief. I try to get rid of hackers and griefers whenever possible, but this is unacceptable.

aloha.pk servers are by far my favorite, and I am currently banned from them because of this erroneous votekick. So please, help me if you can.

Sit out the votekick.

i agree, once on arena all maps people said spade wars and i was vking for using a gun when there own teammate was using a gun,
if theres a vk script thing i would hack into it(not going to) and change it so you it wont accept admitted hacking greifing or teamkilling,(i see vks for
Reason:camper.
"… is votekicking … (9 left)
so what its arena dont camp but your not in control and your not going to win a million dollars by winning the game. i will not encourage or discourage camping ever anywhere anyone anytime

You can also visit us in the irc. One of the admins can look into it and when the votekick was obviously wrong there’s a chance you’ll be unbanned before the 30 minutes passed.

Unfortunately if someone wanted to avoid notice in accuracy, all they have to do is unload a couple of clips before embarking on a killing spree. They may not bother doing so but if you unload 2 clips of semi rifle then kill 10 people with 10 bullets, there accuracy would only be 33%. Best to spectate them and see for yourself.