Hello Guest

Author Topic: I Have A Suggestion...  (Read 1211 times)

Offline LShax

I Have A Suggestion...
« on: August 12, 2012, 06:44:44 PM HST »
I'm not sure if this is possible, or how easy it would be to do, but I have a suggestion for Aloha AoS servers.

To monitor servers more effectively and easily, maybe messages could be sent somehow to guards/moderators/administrators when key words were used in chat.
For example, if the words "hack," "cheat," "grief," etc were found in a chat message or votekick reason, a message could be sent to someone who could come onto the server and deal with the issue.
I realize this could cause problems with people "crying wolf" or just being paranoid, but maybe punishments could be given for doing that too.

Another idea I had in place of the previous one would be that there would be a way for AoS players to send a message from the AoS chat to some site or page that moderators, admins, etc would have access to and they could see a list of recent requests for authority by AoS players that suspected cheating, griefing, etc.

Please respond with opinions or problems you see with my suggestions!

Offline izzy

Re: I Have A Suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:18:12 AM HST »
some of us already do this; we use chat triggers in IRC to get notified about suspicious stuff

Offline CraftDinur

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:26:22 AM HST »
i personally have this with a whole list of trigger words which will beep on my IRC when they are said. i sometimes turn it off temporarily cuz it annoys me :p
IGN: CraftDinur, Mr. Yoshimori, 49th Parallel, Sarah

Offline LShax

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:20:31 PM HST »
Thank you izzy and CraftDinur!

Offline Froelich131

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 03:50:00 PM HST »
Yes I use this quiet often. Good suggestion though :p