Hello Guest

Author Topic: important aloha changes  (Read 26214 times)

Re: important aloha changes
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 05:21:36 AM HST »
hello everyone
we have big problem on aloha, this is people who think it is ok to curse all the time
there are many children who play on aloha, also many religious. it is not ok to swear, this people do not like it
i suggest a new script were any offensive words automute you, such as "fuck", "shit", "nigger", "spic", "ass", many more
guys please this is big problem many players think it is cool to curse but it is not cool it is mean and unfriendly
thanks for reading guys hopefully we can make aloha a better place
You say this, but your desc below your posts has swears in it.
Is this not counterproductive considering you're campaigning to censor swears?

hello mr atrain, i am aware of this signature you say, my brother came to my computer and he put this on while i was making a grilled cheese sandwich, i think he did this as a prank but to be honest it is very mean and now he will not tell me how to change this and this is very annoying because everytime i post something there is a curse word under it, maybe if an admin can remove it for me or show me how because i do not like this signature i have
the times you shoot me with that aimbot the often i fucked your mother

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2017, 05:23:49 AM HST »
dont listen to them smiley-face-emoji-name guy
be who u want to be

thank you for your support white guy, i will be who i want to be but sometimes it is important to listen to other because they may have good ideas or they have a problem that they needs to be addressed and it is important to listen to help them, someimtes they make me angry but more important is we need make aloha a better place

Offline KungFuChicken

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2017, 06:17:26 AM HST »
Stop referring to Freedom of Speech - As I've already explained it doesn't apply here. Or anywhere on the internet. (Perhaps only if the government restricts your internet access directly because of your views). It was ScrapHead who unnecessarily brought it up.

Now ☺, let's play a game. Let's pretend I say this to you in-game: 'You little Indian cunt with two fingers up your bum and curry up your nose'.
Now you've got 3 choices here;

A) Take Offense
B) Ignore Me
C) Leave The Game

(Note: If you say 'get an admin' you have effectively chosen A)

By choosing A you've already lost. Because choosing A (To take offense) means you thought about B (Ignoring me) but still chose to take offense. Which means you have the ability to ignore any forms of criticism you encounter, but choose not to. And this is exactly what I mean when I previously said you have the right to listen to what you want - because you heard what I said of course, but then decided to listen to it - as Danat pointed out.
I know ignoring people can be hard, and of course targeted harassment should be warned/muted (which is what you described). But it's part of growing up and learning to deal with things you don't like on the internet. 

I remember there being an /ignore <username or ID> command in a now-closed UK hallway server, meaning you would not see any more messages from that user for a period of time. I think this is the simple solution if we keep getting whiny cunts who need paracetamol after seeing something they don't like. Should I suggest this in a fresh thread?   

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2017, 07:15:20 AM HST »
Stop referring to Freedom of Speech - As I've already explained it doesn't apply here. Or anywhere on the internet. (Perhaps only if the government restricts your internet access directly because of your views). It was ScrapHead who unnecessarily brought it up.

Now ☺, let's play a game. Let's pretend I say this to you in-game: 'You little Indian cunt with two fingers up your bum and curry up your nose'.
Now you've got 3 choices here;

A) Take Offense
B) Ignore Me
C) Leave The Game

(Note: If you say 'get an admin' you have effectively chosen A)

By choosing A you've already lost. Because choosing A (To take offense) means you thought about B (Ignoring me) but still chose to take offense. Which means you have the ability to ignore any forms of criticism you encounter, but choose not to. And this is exactly what I mean when I previously said you have the right to listen to what you want - because you heard what I said of course, but then decided to listen to it - as Danat pointed out.
I know ignoring people can be hard, and of course targeted harassment should be warned/muted (which is what you described). But it's part of growing up and learning to deal with things you don't like on the internet. 

I remember there being an /ignore <username or ID> command in a now-closed UK hallway server, meaning you would not see any more messages from that user for a period of time. I think this is the simple solution if we keep getting whiny cunts who need paracetamol after seeing something they don't like. Should I suggest this in a fresh thread?

hello kungfuchicken,
thanks for your response this game is a creative idea but it is a stupid game, i would rather play better game like ace of spades
the words that you theoretically say to me they are mean but i am not choose A) because i am not indian and so this does not offend me personally but instead i choose D) where i am not offended but i tell you that this words are mean to many people especially indians and i tell you to not say this because it can hurt feelings, maybe if you keep saying words like this i would initiate a votekick or even tell admin if other players agree that this is mean words
i like this idea of /ignore command, it is great but i am not sure this is possible if i am not mistaken there were attempts at similar thing but they did not work, but if you seen this work in another server maybe it is possible, i guess this is up to the admins to figure out

Offline Insanity-Wolf

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2017, 07:30:07 AM HST »
The real world doesn't care about your feelings, buck up.

Offline StartingMSDOS

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2017, 02:32:51 PM HST »
You do all realize he is troll?

best ping ever

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2017, 02:49:25 PM HST »

sorry but i think you are mistaken, kungfuchicken is not a troll he has been a member on aloha since 2015, i dont see why you think he is trolling he is just giving his opinons, maybe he is a bit harsh sometimes but he is serious as far as i know and he has good points

Offline StartingMSDOS

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 02:50:44 PM HST »

sorry but i think you are mistaken, kungfuchicken is not a troll he has been a member on aloha since 2015, i dont see why you think he is trolling he is just giving his opinons, maybe he is a bit harsh sometimes but he is serious as far as i know and he has good points
YOU are the troll.

best ping ever

Offline Torch

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 11:21:07 PM HST »

YOU are the troll.

Whoah there sharp shooter, throw a lasso round that steer and reel it in. My boy ☺ just tryin to have an intellectual sorts with us buckos and rootin tootin cowboys round these parts. No need to come in winchester blazin' with all this tumbleweed talk of trolls. Please take your WOW roleplay to some other ghost town pardna.

Offline ZeroFuggzGiven

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2017, 12:39:07 PM HST »
OP is a fucking faggot.

:D