Hello Guest

Author Topic: We need to get Build and Shoot/Openspades back on the map  (Read 10496 times)

Offline PENGUANO

We need to get Build and Shoot/Openspades back on the map
« on: May 14, 2017, 09:01:06 AM HST »
I've noticed playing openspades that the servers are basically empty. There used to be at least 3-6 full servers and now you would be lucky to get a single server full. You would think that this game would have tons of people since it is free and it literally takes a toaster to run. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to see this game up and running? With the game having more people there would be a ton more maps, servers, mods, gamemodes, and it would be a lot more fun. Yes there would be more hackers and stuff like that, but there would be a lot more people to make servers with things and resources to block and kick them. Plus, what do you expect from an open-source free game? I think that this game has so much potential and we can't let it die like this and we need to find more ways to give it a jump start and get it back on the map. :)

Offline shywolf91

Re: We need to get Build and Shoot/Openspades back on the map
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 09:16:53 AM HST »
I've noticed playing openspades that the servers are basically empty. There used to be at least 3-6 full servers and now you would be lucky to get a single server full. You would think that this game would have tons of people since it is free and it literally takes a toaster to run. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to see this game up and running? With the game having more people there would be a ton more maps, servers, mods, gamemodes, and it would be a lot more fun. Yes there would be more hackers and stuff like that, but there would be a lot more people to make servers with things and resources to block and kick them. Plus, what do you expect from an open-source free game? I think that this game has so much potential and we can't let it die like this and we need to find more ways to give it a jump start and get it back on the map. :)

It would probably happen if openspades broke off from AoS and developed it own game but the game itself (Ace of Spades) isn't opensource and was bought by Jagex so there is little we can do with the current game. Openspades itself is just a client alternative the the 0.75 client.

Some people have started out to make a new version of AoS but there has been little development
To hell with the raggedy. Time to put on a show!

Offline PENGUANO

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 10:22:47 AM HST »
I think that the game just has to reach more people through advertisement or social media or something like that and it will basically spread

Offline PENGUANO

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 02:12:39 PM HST »
Does anybody have any ideas at all?

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 08:47:21 PM HST »
I say we create a channel on YouTube and just post videos about the game on there or on our own channels. I also believe we should have events on the Aloha PK servers every now and then to keep crowds interested. I have told friends about OS, yet none of them seem extremely interested where they would hop in without me. I have been quite tempted to actually post videos of my own on my channel. Although, I barely have 37 subscribers, since my content is quite lame.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 08:49:52 PM HST by Zeitgeist »

Gravity is a social construct that keeps me from doing what I want to do.

Offline thegreensun

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 08:55:56 PM HST »
I have 19 subscribers,This is my most viewed video due to Undertale yaoi creators and shit.

Offline Zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 08:58:17 PM HST »
It's all good TheRealStrikerJannersYT, we just haven't hit it big yet.  ;D

Gravity is a social construct that keeps me from doing what I want to do.

Offline PENGUANO

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 04:15:07 AM HST »
Do you guys have a partnership with YouTube? Because if you let youtube put adds on your channel it will automatically promote and spread your videos more

Offline WinkingBaby

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 12:22:09 PM HST »
Actually, I feel that the playerbase has risen a little bit recently. I seem to remember maybe 40 people being on at peak hours like a month ago but now it seems that it's more like 150. That's still nothing. I honestly think, at this point, we should abandon the game or at least wait for a new client that's not connected to the old servers. I believe muffin is working on something currently.  Once we do so I say we just try and spread the word of the new client. The reason I say we don't do this with the old one is that we can't really work on it or update it. Better to start with something new. 

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 03:42:22 PM HST »
dont worry guys i have all the fame we need

116 views and counting ☻
the times you shoot me with that aimbot the often i fucked your mother