piqueserver 0.0.1 RELEASED

Hello everyone! We are thrilled to announce the alpha release of piqueserver - an Ace of Spades 0.75 server based on PySnip.

How is it different from PySnip? We’ve got plenty of features and improvements so far:

• PyPi packaging support (piqueserver can now be easily installed using pip)
  • Docker support (requires 64-bit operating system)
  • Simplification of the overall file structure
  • Improvements and simplification of the build process
  • Upgrade to latest upstream enet (v1.3.13)
  • Addition of the -d option to easily change the configuration directory

This is the first alpha release targeted towards system administrators and early adopters. For more development plans, check out our github repo.

To install, simply get a copy from PyPi:

$ pip install piqueserver

To run,

$ piqueserver -d ./piqueserver/configs

where ./piqueserver/configs is the directory with your feature_server config files and scripts. You can get one from here https://github.com/piqueserver/piqueserver/releases/download/0.0.1/configs.zip or use existing one from your old PySnip folder!

As you can see, piqueserver supports config multi-tenancy: one installation of piqueserver can run multiple configuration directories. Which makes deployment on the scale manageable!

This release is available for Mac OS X (Darwin) and GNU/Linux only.

See full release notes here:

Star and fork us on github!

favicon.svg

i like potatoes

sounds neat, might give it a shot on my host.

I’m glad people are still working on pyspades :slight_smile:

Yeah, go ahead and see how it goes. Should be working with existing scripts and everything!

We do, and everyone is welcome to come along with us :slight_smile:

this seems way cleaner than our current setup. thanks for posting. we’ll have to start running some test piqueservers soon…

Thanks! The development is a little bit less busy right now, but we are happy to see more adopters! Feel free to report bug and make suggestions!

if i had a server i would run it with piqueserver ! good stuff man keep up the good work

Thanks! You can even run it from your mac or linux box ;D the set up should be pretty easy