Modified OpenSpades0.12b client with minimap bullets

Good day, my boisterous beans!

I was able to write up some additions to the OpenSpades0.12b source code, such that the minimap displays bullets, like in Voxlap AoS. Please, feast your eyes on the demonstration video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsgiTL-mDL0

I successfully compiled this modified version, and I’ve been using it for about a day without running into any issues (or at least any that haven't been fixed!). I am going to put this here for anybody interested in going through the following troublesome procedure in order to attain this small but useful extra perk.

I regret that I can't promise it's perfectly stable (but again, I haven't encountered any problems), yet if you run into any issues, you can either ask me to try and fix them, or can just change back to the normal version. I can say, however, that this modified version should not conflict with any simple resource or script mods (the ones I use are unaffected).

I attached a rar file "Minimap Bullets.rar" containing the modified OpenSpades.exe and some additional required resources.

To get this (hopefully) working, go to your OpenSpades0.12b installation directory, and do the following things:

• Replace OpenSpades.exe with the one in the rar file.
  • Go into the OpenSpades\Resources directory and replace pak000-Base.pak with the one in the rar file.
  • If you are using mods and do not want to entirely replace the .pak file, go into the[i] pak000-Base.pak\Gfx\Map[/i] directory and add the Bullet.png file found in the rar file.
  • It should work now, just run the new OpenSpades.exe as usual.

It is very possible you get an error saying something like "Missing MSVC(Something).dll", in which case you probably just need https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145. It only takes about 5 minutes to download and install. If it still doesn’t work after installing this, then hopes are looking grim.

For those that are curious, source code files that were modified have also been uploaded.

I also know MuffinTastic asked me to try and makes changes that would impose a character limit on sending in-game chat messages, so that it wouldn't glitch the chat in voxlap AoS. I can certainly look into doing that as well!

May the Lord bless and keep you all,
Doctor Dank.

Update: see here for the newest version of the modified client.

Nice hack!

How is it a hack, though? You can see bullets in the minimap in the voxlap client, too.

nice radar hack

No you can’t

hack

Aloha.pk, the new hack repository.

I don’t think that this is a hack, given that the default voxlap client also allows you to see bullet trails in the minimap.

but it doesnt

Nice hack

Banned for 9000 seconds

#rekt&chekt

/admin name: dd #6 he hack making plz help
/votekek dd os hack minibullet tracer

I strongly suggest putting the source on github or similar git repository! Also, yes, you f’ing can see the bullet tracers in the original Voxlap 0.75/0.76 client. Not sure about BnS’s version or if they’re just an alternative launcher, I don’t remember.

Very well & very funny, beans. If nothing else, I suppose I can be thankful for your excellent ability to prove my statement regarding how boisterous you are!

Incorrect - it should be “Banned for over 9000 seconds”. I expect you to close Reddit and educate yourself in the ways of Dank Memes.

@yousirname: I will post that compilation procedure we were talking about sometime tomorrow.

no you cant

Please show us your proof, then, AWG. Please do!
Anywho, I’ll definitely download this version, Dank Flank! I’ve always needed to get that advantage that aos had. Thanks man! Great job. :slight_smile:

hax! :slight_smile: jokes aside, looks really nice. good work

busted

looks like you just put a bunch of yellow blocks on the map?

In the voxlap one doesn’t it not show the bullets after a certain distance? DD’s hack shows it for whole map it looks like.

Moofin just wants to justify his bad habit and addiction to hacks!

i don’t get it
there’s nothing there