[Event] September FSOM - Tug Of War

[shadow=blue,left]TOW time! (Picture may depict variation of actual gameplay) [/shadow]

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][shadow=black,left]Tug Of War[/shadow][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td]September 5th, 2015[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][shadow=black,left]10 PM GMT[size=10pt] ← Click Here![/shadow] [/size]
[/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][size=20pt][shadow=black,left]Aloha TOW[/shadow][/td]
[/tr]

[shadow=blue,left]Try not to be late and reserve your seat[/shadow] HERE!

Mumble Info

Mumble can be downloaded here:
http://www.mumble.com/

Download the client software on the right side of the screen. Installation is pretty simple, as there’s a wizard when you first start the application to help you set up your mic and audio.

I highly recommend using a button to activate it, rather than having your mic turn on automatically when it picks up noise. This is especially true for laptop users or those using a webcam w/ mic. You’ll have this option towards the end of the wizard (my push-to-talk is set to mouse button 5, your scroll button (click, not scroll) is also free in aos for you 3 button mouse owners).

If you choose to do push-to-talk, keep your threshold rather low (so that it’s easier to pick up sounds), this means your blue part of the meter should be small. If instead you are using auto-detect, be sure to keep your threshold toward the high end, or else the rest of us will pick up your game and background noise, which can get quite irritating, especially with 16 people.

Once you’ve setup your microphone, click the picture of the world icon. Then click “Add New” and enter the following:

Label: Aloha
Address: Mumble.aloha.pk
Port: 64738 (unchanged)
Username: Your username. Please stick to your most common username, as after you register, you’ll never get to change it.

For more detailed mumble setup information, check out this post here: http://aloha.pk/index.php?topic=3721.msg34375#msg34375

Once you’re connected, double click on Aloha to put you in that channel. On the event day there will be channels for Blue and Green team.

[details=Leaderboard]Of course during this event you can also record your game statistics by logging in to our new leaderboard with your forum name and password.
Read this for more information about our leaderboard.
Caution: only log in with this name and pass on aloha.pk servers. You can set a specific aos-password in your forum profile. [/details]

Converted Possible Times

2 PM
4 PM
6 PM
8 PM
10 PM

[b][shadow=limegreen,left]Please try to be on mumble and in the IRC 15 minutes prior to the event. You can find the IRC webchat link on the top right corner of aloha home page, or simply click the blue “IRC” above. Thanks![/shadow]

facebook-icon.gif

wrnR35F.png

[tr]
[td]# [/td][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][td]

[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]1[/td][td]Genghis Khan [/td][td]onigiri [/td][td]Apocalyptic [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]2[/td][td]Gabrui [/td][td]Eddy [/td][td]Drake Smith [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]3[/td][td]Kiwi [/td][td]Sanic_Hegehog [/td][td]Tadost [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td][td] [/td][td]Techno [/td][td]atrain1298 [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]a^10 [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td] [td]FerrariFlunker [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]Confederate POG [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]chpE [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]kushel [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]Architekt [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]GamingFTW [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]shywolf91 [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]15[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]16[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td]
[/tr]

Total: 19/32

Please comment below with your IGN. Thanks!

oQ5G3g9.png

38SlwNl.png

hey, Im wondering, would people want a 0.75 tc server hosted by aloha? maybe instead of 0.76 land claim?
And hum, gl everyone. have fun.

Well, not sure exactly how this works, but my name is Genghis Khan and I’d like to be on Blue.

Maybe please.

ToW basic overview

Blue and Green spawn in with an equal amount of Control Points (CP) under their control.
CPs are represented as intels on the map and serve as and look like resupply tents.
Each team must capture all the CPs on the map in order to win.
Only the frontline CP of a team can be captured.
A team’s CP can be captured by the opposing team if the opposing team has more players in a CP’s capture radius.
Capture progress of a CP is represented by a colored bar. When an attacking team’s color fills the entire bar, the CP will be controlled by that team.
A CP capture can be stopped by the defending team if it has an equal amount of players in the capture radius and capture progress can be reversed if the defenders have more players in the capture radius.
Capturing a CP advances the capturing team’s spawn forward while losing a CP pushes the losing team’s spawn back.
CPs can be dug underground or elevated; this affects the CP’s capture radius.

ToW is for noobs who can’t handle tc

Maybe …

tc is better but i might come
Tadost

Blue

That would be awesome. To be honest it could replace ToW also, as tc is better liked and having both servers could cause confusion/split the players.

Personally I really, really like ToW. TC is good too, but I’d be kinda sad to see ToW get completely replaced. Might just be me though.

Maybe
Depends on times and if I’m busy

I’ll come
Sign me up for blue

Sign me up for green :slight_smile:

Maybe i’ll come

Everyone added!

Add me (Confederate POG) as maybe.

Put me down as a maybe. :slight_smile:

maybe if its 2 PM

Add me