Hello Guest

Author Topic: Suggestion for Server Settings  (Read 12428 times)

Offline harryytm

Suggestion for Server Settings
« on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:48 AM HST »
Max Players 32  No Comment on this setting
PUNKBUSTER ON  Don't want cheater
3P Vehicle Cameras OFF Don't you think this makes the game not realistic?
Kill Cam OFF If you're sniper, you're behind enemy lines, you don't want to give away you position, right?
CrossHair OFF Disable this would add more realistic to the game
Minimap Spotting ON  Good old BF2 spotting is much better
Need Password OFF No Comment on this setting
Friendly Fire ON  No Comment on this setting
Auto Balance ON  Balance team is important
Minimap ON  Need this on for Minimap Spotting
3D Spotting OFF Hate this function so much, many player can't see a enemy but shooting orange triangle to get kills 
Hardcore Mode OFF No Comment on this setting

Offline izzy

Re: Suggestion for Server Settings
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 03:07:28 AM HST »
i like this config, it would make the game more challenging and interesting. no crosshair might be too extreme for the average player though. changing any of those settings will label the server as hardcore.

it does sound fun. i'd like to at least try it and maybe do it more often if the response from players is positive enough. what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:47:03 AM HST by izzy »

Offline izzy

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 03:56:44 AM HST »
if at least one of those settings isn't default the server will be labeled as hardcore:

if you filter out hardcore servers like i do you won't see it at all:

Offline harryytm

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 04:12:38 AM HST »
There are 2 version of Hardcore icon, the Gray Hardcore means that the server is Semi-Hardcore, the Yellow Hardcore means that is Full-Hardcore.

Offline harryytm

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:58 AM HST »
i like this config, it would make the game more challenging and interesting. no crosshair might be too extreme for the average player though. changing any of those settings will label the server as hardcore.

it does sound fun. i'd like to at least try it and maybe do it more often if the response from players is positive enough. what do you guys think?

I played a round, so far so good, at least without that 3D "Wallhack" spotting, the cover is indeed protecting me, not being killed by some "Followed Fire"(some player just keep shooting orange triangle even they can't actually see the enemy) .

Offline izzy

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 04:25:43 AM HST »
yes, the tokyo server is temporarily using these non-default settings right now:

3D spotting = off
kill cam = off
3rd person vehicle cams = off

i like it this way but i wonder if others do?

i'll reply here again when the settings are back to default

Offline izzy

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 04:40:44 PM HST »
back to defaults

Offline harryytm

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 07:37:01 PM HST »
Any negative respond on turning off the 3D Spotting? With my opinion I think that's much better with 3D Spotting turned off, that require me to more rely on the minimap. Don't you agree with that?

Offline Balancer

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 08:01:03 PM HST »
Wasn't around this weekend - how did those settings work out in the end?

Offline izzy

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:50 PM HST »
i do agree and i think it makes the game much more interesting.

but i'm concerned about killing the server's population because the past 24 hours using those settings have been the most inactive in the server's history. the server was mostly full an hour or two after applying the settings but then everyone left and it stayed empty ever since. usually it doesn't stay empty this long. maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe not. we will try those settings again (only 3D spotting = off next time?) but i'd prefer to do it occasionally when we can monitor how changes like that might affect the server's population. if response is positive and population stays up i say we make the settings permanent. we should try friendly fire too because it seems like most of us around here like it.