Hello Guest

Author Topic: auto team balancer  (Read 3756 times)

Offline izzy

Re: auto team balancer
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 02:29:17 AM HST »
closer but not quite

more like:

"auto team balance occurs at round start, it may kill you and move you to the other team"

is that more clear? having a difficult time wording it myself

Offline izzy

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 02:39:36 AM HST »
also enabled on the LA server

Offline Balancer

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 04:14:02 AM HST »
Hi izzy,

I understand you want a direct translation but I don't know the correct form of the word 'killed' in the context of that message without it sounding weird.  :o

Besides, in the event, they'll die at the start of the round and come back on the opposite team without a death counted against them.

Actions speak louder than words (sometimes  ;D)?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:33:19 AM HST by Balancer »

Offline izzy

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 12:46:58 PM HST »
Besides, in the event, they'll die at the start of the round and come back on the opposite team without a death counted against them.

some people have no idea what's going on when the balancing occurs. sometimes they ask why they died, why they're on the other team, etc.

i want the message to help them understand why. we don't need to say it's a new feature and i suppose "killed" can be left out. just something simple like this is good:

"attention! auto balancing may switch you to the other team at round start"

or

"auto balancing occurs at round start, it may switch you to the other team"

if i leave out "atarashii" from your second translation (atarashii o-tobaransu ga juusousaremashitanode, raundo sta-to de chi-mu kawaru kanousei ga arimasu) would it translate to, "autobalancing has been implemented, there is a possibility of team switch at round start?"

Offline Balancer

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 02:36:07 PM HST »
hi,

Sorry must have been tired when I wrote that.

Anyway yeah you correctly determined that deleting 'atarashii',

(o-tobaransu ga juusousaremashitanode, raundo no sta-to de chi-mu kawaru kanousei ga arimasu)

makes it into:

(autobalancing has been implemented, there is a possibility of team switch at round start)

Offline izzy

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 02:52:17 PM HST »
ok thanks we'll just use that