Aloha BuildCon 2013: Huge Success!

Thanks to everyone who participated in BuildCon 2013, and thanks to the admins for keeping it free of griefers! It was a very fun event and a huge success! I had a lot of fun and excitement and I know many others did too. Here are some screenshots of the map I took off of the live status page:

Check this post later today for a video.

Welp. You can do only so much in terms of creative building on AoS. Of course, one of the dudes who are familiar with supercoolbuild can prove me wrong, but I think Minecraft is more suitable for it :x

Might take a bit of work setting everything up for a building event. I know Danko has quite a few scripts for AoS building.

Would be interesting!

Certainly a good idea.

If anyone else wants this to happen just say so on this thread. If we get enough people we can start talking about a date and time.

This is also my 200th post ;D

We could also have contest entries! This would be really fun
(Contest entry sample) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIHc55MBn8g

I think we should do it minecraft. I think that would be great.

I still think we should just do it on cgen but that’s not a bad idea. So we should start throwing out ideas.

When is it?

Use Build2 for it.

I was thinking we could just use a completely flat map without any water and one block high. I think that’s what build2 is like.

Although Minecraft definitely is better for this sort of thing, that doesn’t mean you can’t do it in Ace too!

And after maybe 2-3 hours of bulding… how about some sniping?

That’s actually a great idea. We need to see if izzy will approve of this or not and if he does, we can decide a time.

sounds like it could be fun. organize the details, announce times and instructions… how long will the event go on for?

for starters we can disable killing and hand out /togglebuild control to people like you who will be around during the whole event to help rid of griefers.

Awesome. What server should we host it on?

Good idea. Let’s talk date and time now. I think it should be on February 2nd at 9:00 pm GMT. That’s 1:00 pm in PST (GMT -8). What do you guys think?

So are we in agreement about the date and time?

Classic gen and build protective stuff like fortresses n stuff, for the good old days sake.

Sounds like a plan.

I’ll be there.

My new name is [YOLO]EPICNINJABOYHOBO[SWAG]1337MLGW33D