Hello Guest

Author Topic: transitioning to Battlefield 3  (Read 4477 times)

Offline izzy

Re: transitioning to Battlefield 3
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:00 PM HST »
right on low res, it's starting to sound like we can make this happen. harry, are you still in? i'm comfortable covering about 25% of the costs, maybe a little more.

the same provider we used for the Tokyo BFBC2 server is asking $82.56 per month for a 64 slot BF3 server in Tokyo. servers in Asia usually have extra fees so this is actually a pretty good deal.

keep in mind this is current pre-order pricing, so it might go up at any time. if we pre-order now we keep the current price forever even if it goes up later, and if it goes down later our fees adjust to the lower price. so we would only benefit by pre-ordering soonish before they have a chance to calculate pricing based on actual numbers from the upcoming open beta.

you can donate toward this server by clicking the "ChipIn!" button on the front page. if we can get it up to 75% i'll cover the rest and pre-order the server.

Offline locke.chas

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 02:32:20 PM HST »
Sounds good.  Sorry to be gone for so long, work has been in the way.

Look forward to BF3!  Just ordered Win7 and some add'l ram for the box. 

L

Offline izzy

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 04:32:06 AM HST »
hey locke, glad to know you're gearing up. looking forward to blowing stuff up with you again! see you in the air :)

Offline harryytm

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 09:13:00 AM HST »
sadly I don't have any credit card to make donations :'(

plus that HKD $6000 still not in my hand yet........ :-[

http://www.scheme6000.gov.hk/eng/timetable.html

I'm in Batch 5