Hello Guest

Author Topic: Suggestion for Server Settings  (Read 11321 times)

Offline izzy

Re: Suggestion for Server Settings
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2011, 08:12:25 PM HST »
really? you're in Malaysia, aren't you? and your ping is over 375?

Offline harryytm

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2011, 05:18:42 AM HST »
My ping to the Tokyo server is increased form 6x to 17x =.=

Offline harryytm

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 05:21:18 AM HST »
lol seriously lighten up on us we're just trying to have fun

what router did you get? why not use your old one?

yeah KSTA that hardcore icon is way too powerful. glad you like the deployment protection stuff, i have mixed feelings about it so feedback helps.

Are there any way to restrict the opponent team to enter our base? Most of the steal attack helicopter from our base. Can you imagine how we rape by 2 attack helicopter?

Offline izzy

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 01:42:40 PM HST »
My ping to the Tokyo server is increased form 6x to 17x =.=

since when? is it always that high now or only during certain times of the day? do you ping lower to other servers?

Are there any way to restrict the opponent team to enter our base?

no, the game doesn't send player locations unless they attack someone.

presently we don't have any rules against stealing vehicles. the best way to stop enemies from stealing your vehicles is by killing them when they enter your base or letting them kill you while you're in your base so they get auto punished. or just use the vehicles yourself before they can get to them.

you WON'T be punished if:
  • you attack an enemy who is inside your deployment zone
  • you use a stationary gun (VADS, TOW, KORN) inside your deployment zone to attack an enemy
  • you attack an enemy who is using a stationary gun inside his deployment zone
you WILL be punished if:
  • you attack an enemy without a stationary gun who is outside your deployment zone while you are inside your deployment zone
but i'm glad you asked the question because it's about time we have this discussion: should we disallow stealing vehicles from deployment zones?

i have two concerns:
  • it would take away some freedom from the game, which is what i love about Battlefield
  • if we see an enemy using his enemy's vehicle, how do we know if he stole it from the deployment zone or if he took it from an enemy who abandoned it and/or he killed on the battlefield?

Offline harryytm

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 02:08:54 PM HST »
Ok, can't take anymore 3D "Wallhack" Spotting, especially in this open map, every time I tried to hide in the treeline is useless because many player use Q to find me even they don't see me, and then I killed my a tank which don't notice me before I was tagged by 3D spotting exploit.