Hello Guest

Author Topic: It's aloha cooking time! Say your fav foods and recipies.  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Danke

Re: It's aloha cooking time! Say your fav foods and recipies.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 12:33:48 AM HST »
I made these the other day:
http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/09/buffalo-chicken-bites/
Pretty dang good

Another one of my favorite recipes to make is onigiri:
http://justhungry.com/2007/01/onigiri_omusubi_revisited_an_e.html

I usually mince some chicken, cook it with some sesame oil and miso paste from some instant miso soup packets, which are never very cheap at regular grocery stores :(
Stuff that inside some sushi rice, wrap it in nori, and finish it off with some mirin furikake (the kind with bonito flakes) on top, super addicting. Stole the idea from my favorite omusubi place in LA, Sunny Blue, which had the best onigiri I've ever had

Also love making Carne Guisada, although I usually double down on the spices and half the cilantro and throw in at least another beer. Best part is if you get sick of it, you can just let it dry out, add some barbecue sauce on it, and throw it on some bread and it tastes like a chopped beef sandwich

Can't cook a steak to save my life though.

Offline Juxta

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 02:29:14 AM HST »
Kay, just kay.

No one even thought to mention steak here? I mean c'mon Steak is the best food ever.

Best meal ever concocted - Steak w/Peppercorn sauce with chips and garden peas.

DAYUM.
[23:21] <Chase> fucked her so hard she turned into an atheist
[14:12] <@Drebbel> <carlk96> I CAN HACK TOO WHEN I HACK THEN YOU ARE FUCKED. VIRGIN

Offline Monstarules

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 06:02:53 AM HST »
-snip, delete please-
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:33:10 PM HST by Monstarules »
Rest in peace Monster: 05/06/2002 -- 07/25/2017

Offline Silnius

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 12:29:14 PM HST »
French food master race :DDD (especially dessert :P)
I could talk about it during hours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarte_Tatin

"To define the possible to defy the impossible" Saez

Offline Monstarules

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 02:22:30 AM HST »
+1

Offline Seal

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 12:55:39 PM HST »
I made these the other day:
http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/09/buffalo-chicken-bites/
Pretty dang good

Another one of my favorite recipes to make is onigiri:
http://justhungry.com/2007/01/onigiri_omusubi_revisited_an_e.html

I usually mince some chicken, cook it with some sesame oil and miso paste from some instant miso soup packets, which are never very cheap at regular grocery stores :(
Stuff that inside some sushi rice, wrap it in nori, and finish it off with some mirin furikake (the kind with bonito flakes) on top, super addicting. Stole the idea from my favorite omusubi place in LA, Sunny Blue, which had the best onigiri I've ever had

Also love making Carne Guisada, although I usually double down on the spices and half the cilantro and throw in at least another beer. Best part is if you get sick of it, you can just let it dry out, add some barbecue sauce on it, and throw it on some bread and it tastes like a chopped beef sandwich

Can't cook a steak to save my life though.
That looks good

Offline Monstarules

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 05:20:59 PM HST »
This needs reviving. Here's a recipe for you college suckers like me. Haux, our recipes are a bit different, I want to give yours a try.

Doctored up ramen
Don't be a basic college student, get some nutrition in your ramen!

1 yellow onion
1 bunch of scallions
2 carrots
1 c. spinach
3 c. water
1 egg, hard boiled*
1 tsp. Tabasco **
1 packet ramen (beef, oriental or chicken ones are the best)
1 tbsp. corn oil

* If you don't have a hard boiled egg, make one! Add one egg to a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, hold it at a boil for 1 minute, and then simmer for 9 more. Drain the water and rinse the egg with cold water, then while still rinsing the egg, peel off the shell.
** Of course you can always substitute this with another sauce like Cholula, or Siracha, or just leave it out alltogether.

Mince the scallions, chop the carrots and spinach, and finely dice the carrots. In a medium saucepan, heat the corn oil over medium heat. Sautee the spinach, onion, scallions and carrot until the onion starts to become translucent (about 2-3 minutes). Add the water, any flavoring packets that came with the ramen, and the tabasco, and turn the heat to high. Bring the water to a boil, and then add the noodles. Boil until the noodles are tender. Let cool for a few minutes. Cut the hard boiled egg in half and add to the soup. Give it a mix.

OPTIONAL: Garnish with chives. Also a small slice of cooked pork, beef or chicken (depending on the flavor of the broth) is excellent in the soup.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:33:28 PM HST by Monstarules »

Offline Glass

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 08:54:06 AM HST »
Hashbrown Casserole:

Ingredients
1 h 12 servings 321 cals

1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
    1/2 cup melted butter
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
    1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
    1/2 cup chopped onions

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal
    1/4 cup melted butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 3 quart casserole dish.
    In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
    Bake covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.

This is delicious to have in the morning :) My grandma used to make this all the time. It's heavenly. ^-^
Spoiler for unknown:
spy: not funny
what is wrong with all of you
omg
juxta: touchy, like his economy
spring: Glass is arguably not my least favorite member of staff at this exact moment

Offline thegreensun

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 03:52:23 AM HST »
Mocha Magnifico and Maja Blanca.

Mocha Magnifico is like Mango Float,but with no mangos and milk is replaced with Milo.

thats a recipe. Only for fav #1